Media Kamaru Usman: CEO

FFS Colby is so cringgge but I like that line.

You're way off base here dude.

Colby-Usman 1 was super competitive. I know it ended in a finish but it was into the 5th with rounds won by each fighter. I'm not sure why you're not excited about this. 24:10 of back and forth competitive championship fighting wasn't good enough?? Those last 50 seconds were that important?

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/82177c0f91d9618a

Saying Colby-Usman 2 isn't a "real" challenge but Leon Edwards is? At best that's conjecture bro, we already know Colby and Usman is a competitive match as evidenced by their first fight. Leon deserves it because he beat RDA in 2019 and Nate this year...?? I think Usman took the top challenge for him.

The stoppage makes all the difference , imo rounds 4 and 5 are literally called the championship rounds getting stopped in the 5 th doesnt mean anything less then being stopped in the first IMO

Leon has history with Usman too not just colby and it was intriguing match then.amd theyve both advanced since then so it would a fresher rematch IMO then the one fight removed colby fight from colbys side..

I would be more excited for leon vs usman then colby IMO... It was a fun fight usman/colby 1 cuz they both obliged each other in that fight to duke it out...i can almost guarantee the rematch will be clinical and nothing like the first as far as excitement is concerned i see usman shutting it down within 3 rounds

lol It's High school Jock sitcom level of trashtalking.

Its cringe, its campy, but for some reason I find it entertaining. Its kinda like a battle of seeing who's less camp. Idk.
Yeah he isn't even that good, but he is one of the few that actually go for it... it amazes me how many fighters don't get pro wrestling is a part of the fight business

The stoppage makes all the difference , imo rounds 4 and 5 are literally called the championship rounds getting stopped in the 5 th doesnt mean anything less then being stopped in the first IMO

Leon has history with Usman too not just colby and it was intriguing match then.amd theyve both advanced since then so it would a fresher rematch IMO then the one fight removed colby fight from colbys side..

I would be more excited for leon vs usman then colby IMO... It was a fun fight usman/colby 1 cuz they both obliged each other in that fight to duke it out...i can almost guarantee the rematch will be clinical and nothing like the first as far as excitement is concerned i see usman shutting it down within 3 rounds
Based on what? I think they will both have similar game plans for the same reasons they did the first time.

Yeah he isn't even that good, but he is one of the few that actually go for it... it amazes me how many fighters don't get pro wrestling is a part of the fight business
Yeah, I hate when fans and fighters look down on WWE when they are in the same business. They just don't do choreographed fights. Both genres take damage. The goal is to sell fights. There's some things I don't agree with like Ali writing for islam, opposite of his personality, but there's somethings that are acceptable. You have to sell your fights. I find it entertaining and I don't take it as serious as some other people do.

Colby, I find he goes overboard a lot and I don't like his shit, but Usman, I like that he does the high school jock thing. I like how he said gilbert burns was JV and I remember someone asking him, what's that lol. Outside of the US don't know what the fuck that is nor care. That's what I mean, campy trash talk.

Based on what? I think they will both have similar game plans for the same reasons they did the first time.

Based on the fact usman has improved significantly in the stand up department and colby was relying on being the better kickboxer last time and it wasnt enough then and nothing from.the Woodley fight suggest colby improved not to mention woodley took down colby in that fight and if he could usman definitely can..i fully expect to see Usman wrestle this time around...last time was a ego clash... Usman won that now its about shutting it down Usman has a good ability to formulate and stick to gameplans he knows what colby is bringing this time unlike the first

That's a pretty weird opinion... getting stopped in the 5th means a lot more than being stopped in the 1st. You're saying you view Usman/Colby 1 in the same way you view...Conor v. Aldo? Chael v. Silva 1, Usman v. Colby 1, Conor v. Aldo...they're all the same, eh?
<LikeReally5>

Usman has ascended to the top of the division and even the sport with tons of impressive wins. Leon beat Nate Diaz and RDA over 2 years ago. They aren't exactly on a collision path. I'd be fine with the matchup, but Colby beating Lawler and Woodley and a competitive fight with Usman > Nate and RDA in the same time period. Even so, I think the best thing would have been Leon and Colby fighting instead of Leon and Nate and the winner facing Usman.

I would be more excited for leon vs usman then colby IMO... It was a fun fight usman/colby 1 cuz they both obliged each other in that fight to duke it out...i can almost guarantee the rematch will be clinical and nothing like the first as far as excitement is concerned

Maybe. Only one way to find out. We already had one war.

That's a pretty weird opinion... getting stopped in the 5th means a lot more than being stopped in the 1st. You're saying you view Usman/Colby 1 in the same way you view...Conor v. Aldo? Chael v. Silva 1, Usman v. Colby 1, Conor v. Aldo...they're all the same, eh?
<LikeReally5>

Usman has ascended to the top of the division and even the sport with tons of impressive wins. Leon beat Nate Diaz and RDA over 2 years ago. They aren't exactly on a collision path. I'd be fine with the matchup, but Colby beating Lawler and Woodley and a competitive fight with Usman > Nate and RDA in the same time period. Even so, I think the best thing would have been Leon and Colby fighting instead of Leon and Nate and the winner facing Usman.

Maybe. Only one way to find out. We already had one war.

What i was stating is stoppage vs decision in course of a rematch ...

Had colby made it to a decision and the fight was so competitive then the case is much stronger but being stopped regardless of the round makes it a significantly weaker reasoning..for a rematch

I fully agree with Colby vs Leon winner gets Usman..but too late now i guess...that would of been the best way to do it IMO

Back