Kamaru Usman and Douglas Lima stare down

Usman 50-45.

idk I've only ever watched his fights against Askren, Rory, Page, but he got taken down a few times and controlled by Rory and dominated by Askren. Has he improved his TDD since the Askren fight?

Well then you've seen Lima at his best too. His TDD has improved a bit, but not enough to stop that version of Ben Askren or Kamaru Usman. His biggest improvements have been in his striking since that fight.

I like watching Lima at his best. He’s beatable but sturdy and dynamic with power.

Cross promotion is not an option for the UFC so it’s not really all that interesting. But yeah, face off and look cool for pics.

retards think some B-League 'champ' who got wrestlefucked by rory and ben askren is beating Kamarudeen Usman LOL
I see you've been here long enough to not know who Lima is. Typical UFC shill thinks anyone not in the UFC is total trash.

Btw, I'll let you know that Lima won the rematch since you can't watch anything other than UFC.

You're just another retard who thinks that whoever is the champ is invincible because you can't think for yourself.

I see you've been here long enough to not know who Lima is. Typical UFC shill thinks anyone not in the UFC is total trash.

Btw, I'll let you know that Lima won the rematch since you can't watch anything other than UFC.

You're just another retard who thinks that whoever is the champ is invincible because you can't think for yourself.
you seem hurt
'2002' damn lol how old are you

Lima would be top 3 and potential champ in ufc
If this was very likely, then he would be fighting in the UFC. A UFC champion gets way more money and promotion than a beta league champion. LOL

Usman was being kind to partake in this pic. He would destroy Lima.

Lima is apparently a great striker (haven't seen him fight yet sadly) and Usman is extremely hittable on the feet.
But then again, so is Askren, so how'd Lima win this one? Has he gotten so much better since?
Yes.

Holy fucking smokes I never realized Lima was that big. Usman is no midget either, that's crazy.

Michael "Can Crusher" Page is even taller than Lima. Usman is not that big being like 5'11 while Lima is a true 6'1.

Edge should go to Usman, as Lima has yet to show elite level TDD. Would be a super entertaining fight though.

I don't have stats but it seems weird that both Lima bros have just average/above average TDD. Douglas is better but neither one has shown anything like you would expect out of an elite ATT fighter. But apparently they train out of ATL rather than the main campus so that's probably why.

I also just found out that despite being born in Rio, Douglas Lima has never had a pro fight in Brazil. Crazy!

I really like Lima as a fighter but wrestling and a grinding style is his kryptonite, 50 - 45 Usman all day.

I like Lima a lot and he is no doubt one of the best welterweights in the world, but Usman isn’t a good style matchup for him imo. Lima does get better and better and his TDD has improved and so have his scrambles, but I’d rate the fight 65/35 in favour of Usman.

Ignorant talk.

Didn’t Eddie go from Bellator and become Champ? Lima is an elite WW you're mistaken if you think he “sucks”.

<DisgustingHHH>
Yeah, and all the Strikeforce guy's were "B-Leaguers" too before coming over and winning belts in all but the LW division, much like the WEC LWs when they came over, lol.

Lima wouldn’t be good enough to even earn a title shot let alone win one. Bellamaniacs at it again.
Yeah, just like Eddie. Or like Bader and Mousasi who both left the UFC while considered the next guy who should get a TS.

For someone who's been here since 2008 and assuming you didn't make your account the second you started following the sport was probably a fan years before that this is a pretty stupid comment.

Remember when the Strikeforce guy's were going to get "exposed" by "UFC caliber competition" or when the WEC LWs were going to get "exposed"? Lol, how did that work out?

If this was very likely, then he would be fighting in the UFC. A UFC champion gets way more money and promotion than a beta league champion. LOL
Lol, tell that too Mousasi/ Bader/ Rory and all the other Top 5 guy's that left the UFC cause they could make way more money elsewhere. Then tell Woodley/ MM/ Stipe and others how much "promotion" they get from the UFC.

I like Lima a lot and he is no doubt one of the best welterweights in the world, but Usman isn’t a good style matchup for him imo. Lima does get better and better and his TDD has improved and so have his scrambles, but I’d rate the fight 65/35 in favour of Usman.
I agree, definitely not a great match up for him and he would be hard pressed coming up with a way to win but he would force Usman into fighting a "boring" and cautious fight to win or he risks getting caught and KOed or Subbed if he makes a mistake and gives Lima any space.

Thanks for being one of the few to form this opinion based on the actual style match up instead of saying "He wouldn't even be top 5 in the UFC". " He gets exposed in the UFC". "B leagues" and other such nonsense.

Back