Elections Kamala Harris Vows To Bypass Congress If Not Appeased On Gun Laws

Should Harris bypass congress if unappeased with gun laws?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We don't stand a chance.

kamala.jpg

It seems like across the board the Democrats are making the most unrealistic promises possible in their quest for the nomination.

hi Confucamus,

maybe.

but Americans believed a foreign country would pay for a 2,000 mile wall across the southern US border, so ya never know.

- IGIT

LOL. And in Japan that is a serious heel move.

The ultimate heel move would be to do that with a bazooka, and doing so after the conclusion of the match. Pull it out of yourself like an ACME production, and nobody, not even the announcers address it.

I will just say, Trump bots were warned on this, when Trump bi-passed wall funding by executive order.

You opened Pandora's box.

The ultimate heel move would be to do that with a bazooka, and doing so after the conclusion of the match. Pull it out of yourself like an ACME production, and nobody, not even the announcers address it.

haha, Wil E. Coyote Super Genius.

I will just say, Trump bots were warned on this, when Trump bi-passed wall funding by executive order.

You opened Pandora's box.

It’s important to keep in mind Trumps actions don’t justify doing the same thing. The courts are reviewing what he did and I would expect intervene. The Democratic Party is going to look pretty awful if they run completely on Trump is ruining the country by trampling on institutions only to get in office and do the same in turn. You either think what Trump did is wrong and shouldn’t do it or you think it was okay and others can do it.

It’s important to keep in mind Trumps actions don’t justify doing the same thing. The courts are reviewing what he did and I would expect intervene. The Democratic Party is going to look pretty awful if they run completely on Trump is ruining the country by trampling on institutions only to get in office and do the same in turn. You either think what Trump did is wrong and shouldn’t do it or you think it was okay and others can do it.

Well, once the Supreme Court does it's job, we won't have anything to worry about here then.

Why did I vote "Yes"?

A better question is, "How in the world were these things ever allowed to be sold?:

(TL;DR - The last Democratic Administration encouraged the ATF to prohibit the sale of pistol grip shotguns to anyone under the age of 21. A few years after that - the "14-inch barreled Shockwave" "firearm" hit dealer's shelves - and of course, you only need to be 18 to buy one.)

TAC-14-and-Mossberg-shockwave-on-concrete-.jpg

1. Early 2009, Obama & Eric Holder appoint a number of acting ATF directors, each is tasked with orders to not push for new gun control laws - BUT - with (wink, wink) "re-evaluating and drafting policies to reduce gun violence"
  2. November 2009 ATF FFL Newsletter: A firearm with a pistol grip in lieu of the shoulder stock is not designed to be fired from the shoulder and, therefore, is not a shotgun. Since it is a firearm “other than a rifle or shotgun,” the purchaser must be 21 years of age or older. Additionally, interstate controls apply.
  3. An October 27, 2010, the ATF Firearms Technology Branch: ruled that such a ("other") firearm, with a <18" barrel and a >26" overall length, was not subject to the National Firearms Act.
  4. Today: 14" barreled Shockwaved Mossberg's and Remington's can now be had for under $300. (no tricky, expensive registration as a Short-barreled shotgun, Destructive Device or Any Other Weapon required)
Recent history has shown that great, great things happen when Democrat Presidents attempt even psuedo-gun control.

Last edited:
If elected President she'll apparently be two of our three branches of government.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kamala-harris-vows-impose-gun-021502985.html

Don't know where the authority to legislate an exchange of personal property is found in the Constitution.

Not sure what this is. If you're dating someone with a DV conviction you're denied your rights?

SCOTUS already made it clear you can't ban commonly held weapons. Oh wait...

Good thing she's being enabled by Trump getting the ATF to change the legally legislated definition of machinegun and the courts are backing that up.
When was the last time congress declared war? There is a reason why there are so many Trump and Obama fanboys out there. Because they are looking for a king and father figure, and have no fucking clue what our government is about in the first place. This is how people like you criticize one politician as if the problem originated with them. In reality you’re just trying to steer people to what you want.

A better question is, "How in the world were these things ever allowed to be sold?:

TAC-14-and-Mossberg-shockwave-on-concrete-.jpg

Because they're shotguns? And anyone that's ever used one can tell you they are hilariously impractical. They're more a home defense weapon (and not one I would ever recommend) than anything else. It's a niche firearm for people that want it mostly for the novelty of owning one, much like a Ranch Hand rifle or any number of surplus pistols.

This is how people like you criticize one politician as if the problem originated with them. In reality you’re just trying to steer people to what you want.
Yeah, there are a lot of people on here that are just like that - the OP, however, is generally not.

If elected President she'll apparently be two of our three branches of government.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kamala-harris-vows-impose-gun-021502985.html

Don't know where the authority to legislate an exchange of personal property is found in the Constitution.

Not sure what this is. If you're dating someone with a DV conviction you're denied your rights?

SCOTUS already made it clear you can't ban commonly held weapons. Oh wait...

Good thing she's being enabled by Trump getting the ATF to change the legally legislated definition of machinegun and the courts are backing that up.

I'm sure if Trump signed an EO to end all restrictions on the sale and possession of all firearm types you would be up in arms, too. Because you're so consistent about respecting the three, co-equal branches of government. <45>

Because they're shotguns? And anyone that's ever used one can tell you they are hilariously impractical. They're more a home defense weapon (and not one I would ever recommend) than anything else. It's a niche firearm for people that want it mostly for the novelty of owning one, much like a Ranch Hand rifle or any number of surplus pistols.

True but you can buy this

TAC-14-Advanced-Brace-Kit-with-SBA3_2__39599.1535500863.jpg

And turn it into

Working-File-81240_Rem_870_Tac14_ArmBrace_right.jpg

I would oppose him if he actually made that move. I don't change my views depending on the messenger.

That's what red flag laws are that he and the not real activists negotiating rights away (NRA) are currently endorsing.

Back