Elections Kamala Harris Vows To Bypass Congress If Not Appeased On Gun Laws

Should Harris bypass congress if unappeased with gun laws?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, and here I thought she would wind up a real contender. Instead she goes full stupid and says flat out she will willfully violate laws and stomp on the constitution? Amazing.

heya Happy Man,

govern as ya want, end up getting challenged in court, and let the chips fall as they may.

its the Trumpian way of passing legislation.

- IGIT
Trump didn’t pass legislation, he moved money from one place to another.

Trump didn’t pass legislation, he moved money from one place to another.

hi Happy Man,

that's not correct.

from transgenders in the military, to Federal funding, to immigration policy at the DHS, to changes to the census, to multiple lawsuits over the ACA....

its endless. lol.

its just a parade of "edicts" from the oval office that are all getting held up in court. California alone has sued the Federal Government 46 times whilst Mr. Trump has been in office (and they've notched many wins too).

its...well...

...its a different way of governing, that's for sure.

maybe this is how it will be in the future when the Democrats reclaim the White House.

- IGIT

Last edited:
Don't know where the authority to legislate an exchange of personal property is found in the Constitution.
She could declare a national emergency to get it done but not sure if there is precedent for that sort of thing...

She could declare a national emergency to get it done but not sure if there is precedent for that sort of thing...

I'm not sure there is, really. Maybe some of the more legal minded members of Shedog could chime in on this one to help figure it out.

But either way it would probably end up in front of the SCOTUS, which I doubt would be very friendly towards it as it may run afoul of the 2nd if they aren't careful.

Running on ignoring the branches of government to strip citizens of their constitutional rights?

iu

She isn't a good candidate.

As for OP, she'll find out quickly the limits of executive action and energize her opponents in the process. I don't think she makes it that far though. I could be wrong.

It’s wrong when Donny wants to do his wall that way and Kamala is wrong.

Don't recall if it was you or someone else I made this distinction with, but Trump's national emergency was just to reallocate existing money while this is stripping citizens of constitutional rights. One you wouldn't even know about if you didn't read it, while with this, you'd sure as hell notice your 2nd amendment right gone.

hi Happy Man,

that's not correct.

from transgenders in the military, to Federal funding, to immigration policy at the DHS, to changes to the census, to multiple lawsuits over the ACA....

its endless. lol.

its just a parade of "edicts" from the oval office that are all getting held up in court. California alone has sued the Federal Government 46 times whilst Mr. Trump has been in office (and they've notched many wins too).

its...well...

...its a different way of governing, that's for sure.

maybe this is how it will be in the future when the Democrats reclaim the White House.

- IGIT

IGIT, liberal judges in circuit courts will always try to legislate from the bench. They’ve always done this. It’s how judges made new law without using the legislature.

Only two emergencies I can recall were ever used by presidents to go around legislature.

One was with Obama not getting his immigration deal. So he used an executive power to claim all dreamers were ok. Which congress did no such thing.

The second was trump using executive power to move money he didn’t get from congress for his wall. So he took it from the department of defense.

Please let me know if you can think of another instance besides those two.

SCOTUS already made it clear you can't ban commonly held weapons. Oh wait...
Joke's on her because you could still buy and own "assault" weapons during the AWB, including the dreaded AR15.

<NotListening>

Finally... this pain in the ass has an original thought, but it's to violate multiple Constitutional Amendments as a dictator. She's such a piece of crap.

"I like taking guns away early. Take the guns first, go through due process second." - Donald Trump, Feb 28, 2018

It seems like across the board the Democrats are making the most unrealistic promises possible in their quest for the nomination.

Anyways, I have not taken Harris as a serious contender. She is very unlikeable.

She could just declare a state of emergency for the safety of the American people seems to work.

hiya Happy Man,

Please let me know if you can think of another instance besides those two.

surely you're joking?

last November Trump's new asylum ban was blocked in Federal Court in San Francisco.

earlier this month Trump's "remain in Mexico" asylum policy was blocked in Federal court.

in march, Trump's end run around the ACA was blocked in Federal court in the District of Columbia.

a few hours ago, an Oregon federal judge blocked the Trump administration’s policy of prohibiting taxpayer-funded health-care providers from referring pregnant women to abortion clinics.

earlier in the spring, Trump's edict to open up Arctic waters for drilling was blocked in Federal court in Alaska.

last November, Trump lost big time in court (and jettisoned all his leverage in the shutdown negotiations) when a Federal judge blocked his efforts to shut down DACA.

i could go on forever. forever and ever.

lol.

my point is that President Trump is attempting to govern via executive orders (just like Mrs. Harris is itching to do, apparently), and he's doing so at a rate that far outpaces President Obama...but so much of the stuff Mr. Trump wants to do is illegal that his policies are getting jammed up (or overturned) in Federal court.

- IGIT

Last edited:
"I like taking guns away early. Take the guns first, go through due process second." - Donald Trump, Feb 28, 2018

I would oppose him if he actually made that move. I don't change my views depending on the messenger.

Back