Opinion Kamala Harris Blames Climate Change for the Border Crisis

Scerpi

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
First off... How would she know? She hasn't been down there yet...

Kamala Harris on Tuesday said that climate change was a factor in driving migrants from their home countries to the United States, in her first remarks on the issue - five weeks after being given the job.

Harris was asked by President Joe Biden on March 24 to lead his response to the crisis at the southern border.

It is a job she has assumed with apparent reluctance: she is yet to visit the border, or the region, and Tuesday's remarks to the Washington Conference on the Americas were her first on the issue.

Harris, in her 13 minute speech, said 'the lack of climate adaptation and climate resilience' was one of the factors in the current migrant surge.

<WhatIsThis><DontBelieve1>

Lol... This the person who's taking over when Biden has to put a lid on before finishing his term?

Has anyone ever spoken to a Mexican about why they came to America, and got "climate change" as the answer?

I doubt anyone on this forum has spoken to a Mexican unless it's to order tacos.

been seeing a lot of these videos about how climate change has been dwindling businesses in South America hard, & the pandemic just made that even worse. like in Ecuador, people who go to the mountain tops to carve out ice to sell to other local businesses - the ice is getting harder to find. in Mexico, candle makers can't get their hands on wax as easily anymore because bees have died out etc.

so what happens when they no longer have the means to earn? they look to the "land of opportunity".

The Democrats are pushing the climate agenda when there are not enough materials available to make clean energy ambitions a reality.

been seeing a lot of these videos about how climate change has been dwindling businesses in South America hard, & the pandemic just made that even worse. like in Ecuador, people who go to the mountain tops to carve out ice to sell to other local businesses - the ice is getting harder to find. in Mexico, candle makers can't get their hands on wax as easily anymore because bees have died out etc.

so what happens when they no longer have the means to earn? they look to the "land of opportunity".
The land of free handouts more like It.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. The biggest reason is the incentive Democrats have laid out for them to get here illegally and not face any disciplinary action for their crime. I wouldn't expect this dolt to admit that, though.

Reactions: J_C
Climate change is definitely having an impact on opportunity. We're dealing with some serious drought right now, Texas just literally froze so hard that we were nearly without power for months, and wildfires and hurricanes seem to be getting worse.

I don't know how things are changing south of here, but I think it's pretty crazy to immediately write off that climate change is even just a single factor in people coming to the US.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. The biggest reason is the incentive Democrats have laid out for them to get here illegally and not face any disciplinary action for their crime. I wouldn't expect this dolt to admit that, though.

What laws did Biden change since Trump left office in regards to immigration?