Kai Kara France is Cody’s lowest profile opponent in a long time

Great opportunity for KKF, gee a loss is shocking for Cody though.

He's married actually but yeah overall I get your point.
1-26.jpg
didn't they split??

pure speculation but I could see that girl leaving cody once he wasn't king of the mountain and able to provide the life any longer.

didn't they split??

pure speculation but I could see that girl leaving cody once he wasn't king of the mountain and able to provide the life any longer.
FWIW she's also five years older than him so her stock is not on an upward trajectory either.

High level fighters need a give me fight every now and then to help get back on track. The opposite is Luke Rockhold and Weidman moving up to 205 to face the top 2 in the division when they are on a losing ko streak

Assuncao beat someone of the best 135er's and would have gotten a ts if he beat TJ in their 2nd fight
Assuncao was supposed to get a title shot but because he had a rib injury he declined a certain date that was filled by TJ who took the belt. Honestly TJ didn't deserve it, one of the most unearned title shots that I payed off that I can remember. He had a one fight win streak after coming off a loss to Assuncao and beat Mike Easton who was on a two fight skid that was started by none other than Rafael Assuncao.

So basically Assuncao's leftovers fought for a title shot. I think TJ got rushed because they could play the "TAM vs Nova Uniao" rivalry to sell the fight, then he had the fight of his lifetime and changed the course of the division's history.

If garbrandt loses this one, he 1,000% needs to hang em up. You made it to the mountaintop. Time to retire. You’re single, made plenty of money, just let go and hang with the boooooooooiiiiiiizzzzzzz.

sad man, TJ dillashaw on the juice has taken the souls of Renan barao and Cody who’ve never looked the same since.
What about money. Fans are always like "he needs to pack them up"
What's he gonna do?

Assuncao was supposed to get a title shot but because he had a rib injury he declined a certain date that was filled by TJ who took the belt. Honestly TJ didn't deserve it, one of the most unearned title shots that I payed off that I can remember. He had a one fight win streak after coming off a loss to Assuncao and beat Mike Easton who was on a two fight skid that was started by none other than Rafael Assuncao.

So basically Assuncao's leftovers fought for a title shot. I think TJ got rushed because they could play the "TAM vs Nova Uniao" rivalry to sell the fight, then he had the fight of his lifetime and changed the course of the division's history.
It’s crazy to think Asunción beat Rob Font and Aljamain sterling(granted it was a split)

Which makes sense. Moves to a new div, see if he can make weight, give him a good opponent but not one of the top 3-5 guys. This is a fight if he's still got anything left he should win and if he does he's back on track and moves up towards a title fight.

The real question is would they give him a title shot off this or would he have to get one more over top 5 guy next? They were willing to give him a title shot off Assuncao win at BW so I think if he just wins and looks good here he could get a shot next year. Does Moreno/Fig 3 happen or do they try and book Askar in title fight next?

Back