News Kai Asakura to fight in UFC FLW division, not BW

Smart move. He's too small for UFC BW division. Great rematch possibilities with Kape; and Horiguchi will return soon...

Last edited:
Bit of a shock tbh, but he's definitely got a better shot of winning the belt at 125.

Don't see him beating the likes of O'Malley, Yan etc any time soon.

Why is it obvious?

Erceg is rumored to be fighting KKF on that card anyways.
It's obvious to me because Japan is close to Australia. And the time zones make it easier for Japanese fans to watch. It's a sensible fight. Making two of the few Australian flyweights fight eachother isn't really sensible probably better they have both fighters on the card but match them up with other fighters so they are more Aussies to root for.

For the record KKF Vs asakura is also equally sensible

They're probably going to give Kai someone like Matt Schnell first.

Ya think? I think that's a bit slow.

I dont think he'll get Royval or Moreno, but Erceg or KKF make sense.

I do. They slow roll these guys a lot of the time to see where they're at. I thought KKF/Erceg was up next. I could be wrong. I hope they keep him away from Albazi. Imagine him getting grapple fucked by Albazi, and then losing a split in his follow up to some shit judging and he ends up cut. The pain.

I do. They slow roll these guys a lot of the time to see where they're at. I thought KKF/Erceg was up next. I could be wrong. I hope they keep him away from Albazi. Imagine him getting grapple fucked by Albazi, and then losing a split in his follow up to some shit judging and he ends up cut. The pain.
I dont think KKF vs erceg makes much sense from a business perspective with nothing on the line.

It would be like making Asakura vs Taira, Kills one of 2 potential marketable japanese guys. same thing but for aussies.

I dont think KKF vs erceg makes much sense from a business perspective with nothing on the line.

It would be like making Asakura vs Taira, Kills one of 2 potential marketable japanese guys. same thing but for aussies.

Australians won't care that much about a kiwi losing. Australian and New Zealand rivalry is huge. Let them have kkf vs. Erceg 🤷‍♂️

Let's hope that the tweet saying the ufc is looking for a top 5 opponent for him is true. I want to see him thrown into the deep end and sink or swim. May as well shake things up.

Back