K2 wins purse bid

nip102

Purple Belt
Reaction score
BoxingScene.com has been advised that K2 Promotions won today's WBO ordered purse bid for the September clash between WBO/IBO/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko and mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin.

K2 put in a winning bid of $8,313,000, and Sauerland Event, who promote Povetkin, put in a bid of $4,250,001. Both sides have 15 days to return contracts. The tentative date for the fight is September 18 in Germany.

Wlad REALLY didn't want to go to Moscow

$8.3 million

75-25 Wlad
so they have to pay around two millions to Sauerland and Povetkin

With endorsement and promotional revenue, Vlad will take in over $20 mill easy after overhead.

That high? That seems high to me... although not out of the question

its is high wlad outbid as he didn't want to fight in russia for good reason

I was responding to MeBig's post

The K2 bid seems reasonable... they know how much money they can make in Germany, and bid accordingly.

I think he bid 13M last time they had a purse bid

K2 wins purse bid!
By Lisa Scott
Fightnews has learned that K2 Promotions has won the purse bid for the IBF heavyweight championship bout between title holder Wladimir Klitschko and #1 ranked Alexander Povetkin. K2’s bid of $13,130,130., outshone Sauerland’s of $8,114,140.

that was before haye and povetkin had more hype.
K2 will make this fight in Germany, pack over 50K into a stadium, and distribute it all over Europe television. Wlad will easily make over $10M for this fight

What do you mean by this?

They had more hype before?

Or it was before they had hype?

povetkin was seen as wlads only real contender not so now with haye on the scene , his time on the sidelines also took some stream out of him

You could be right about that

I think this will be similar to the Chagaev fight with Teddy throwing in the towel before 8.

About time we see this fight. It is nearly two years in the making.

That high? That seems high to me... although not out of the question

Promotional revenue from sponsor advertising (commercials, logos on the ring, ringcards), sales(60,000 seats, food/beverage, tshirts & other souveniers sold at the arena and their website leading up to and during the fight),

Expenses would be marketing (commercials, printed/online ads, etc), staging (arena, ring, equipment), staff and paying the fighters.... $6,225,000 of which goes to Vlad as the participating fighter (assuming the 75/25 split mentioned is accurate).

I probably missed a bunch of stuff but that seems to be the fundamentals of things.

And anyway he reportedly made $20mil in his last fight...this opponent will bring more public interest than Chambers did.

Oh and income from Hugo Boss for his endoresements with them and training expenses, of course

Last edited:
The arena alone would get him pretty close to 20 with the fight purse depending on what average ticket prices are in Germany for one of his fights, maybe somebody here knows...?

I was responding to MeBig's post

The K2 bid seems reasonable... they know how much money they can make in Germany, and bid accordingly.

I think he bid 13M last time they had a purse bid

K2 wins purse bid!
By Lisa Scott
Fightnews has learned that K2 Promotions has won the purse bid for the IBF heavyweight championship bout between title holder Wladimir Klitschko and #1 ranked Alexander Povetkin. K2

Promotional revenue from sponsor advertising (commercials, logos on the ring, ringcards), sales(60,000 seats, food/beverage, tshirts & other souveniers sold at the arena and their website leading up to and during the fight),

Expenses would be marketing (commercials, printed/online ads, etc), staging (arena, ring, equipment), staff and paying the fighters.... $6,225,000 of which goes to Vlad as the participating fighter (assuming the 75/25 split mentioned is accurate).

I probably missed a bunch of stuff but that seems to be the fundamentals of things.

And anyway he reportedly made $20mil in his last fight...this opponent will bring more public interest than Chambers did.

I don't have the source handy but I believe that the $20M number for his last fight was proven to be inaccurate (it was reported by a Russian news source but then discredited). don't get me wrong - not arguing with your overall point - just think that the $20M figure was not reported accurately in the media a while back

This fight wouldve NEVER went to Russia whoever had won the purse bid. With Sauerland I guess it wouldve be safe to assume this fight taking place in Germany. Now its probably gonna be the same, but the Klits also wanna fight in the US.

Without HBO, though, it should happen in Germany. What the hell is HBO not interested in this fight? Povetkin is one of these like top 5 guys they keep mentioning on their broadcasts.

Im not sure about the ticket prices. Never been to a Klitschko fight and havent been to a lot of boxing in general. Cant be compared to Vegas fights I guess ... If they decide to go in another big stadium, it will be difficult to really fill it.

I don't have the source handy but I believe that the $20M number for his last fight was proven to be inaccurate (it was reported by a Russian news source but then discredited). don't get me wrong - not arguing with your overall point - just think that the $20M figure was not reported accurately in the media a while back

I think that was in relation to Vitalis last fight.

Back