Media K1 Ngannou is born.

It's pretty crazy how light on his feet Gane is; he moves nothing like a HW. Too bad he's kind of pillow fisted.

It's pretty crazy how light on his feet Gane is; he moves nothing like a HW. Too bad he's kind of pillow fisted.
Do you think he could avoid Ngannou power and maybe out-point him or finish him later? Or just straight tool him on the feet and if so could Ngannou switch to wrestling? Who do you think wins more often than not? I favor Ngannou but Gane is faster and can avoid him.

A glimpse of the near future

I think it takes very high level striking to beat Francis. Kinda like a prime Crocop. The winner of Volkov/Gane could do it

Francis only throwing %10. First time ive seen him go that light.

Do you think he could avoid Ngannou power and maybe out-point him or finish him later? Or just straight tool him on the feet and if so could Ngannou switch to wrestling? Who do you think wins more often than not? I favor Ngannou but Gane is faster and can avoid him.

Avoid and outpoint Ngannou for five rounds? Seems like very risky and a tall order. Gane may have better speed, footwork and overall technique but I don't think Francis is that far behind in those areas, whereas the difference in power is huge.

You need to mix striking and TDs to beat Ngannou and Gane doesn't have the skillset to do that (Ngannou might even be the better grappler). In a striking battle I Francis is going to catch Gane sooner or later.

Gane has a good grappling game. Unorthodox sub offense. His wrestling seems serviceable also.

Gane would beat him, but it's clear they are the current top 2.

Yeah old video, he did land a headkick on Stipe though which was very impressive.

I would never bet against current Francis.

Back