K1 Kickboxing Is like Bar Fights

DavidsGhost

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The talent in those fights seems really low, it’s like two dudes just taking turns throwing awkward kicks and arm punches.

The skill level seems radically low and incomparable to boxing or Muay Thai

The talent in those fights seems really low, it’s like two dudes just taking turns throwing awkward kicks and arm punches.

Which fights did you watch?

Which K1? There's two different eras, and there's also a minor and a major league essentially in the modern version.

As mentioned you may have seen a low level fight. Here is a K-1 title fight involving a Raja champion:

Not sure which fights you are talking about, but definitely not the 1990s-2000s era.

K-1 Japan Fights could be awkward like the one below, but generally the level is quite high even though the talent pool is not comparable
to the Golden Age of K-1.

I watched badr hari vas peter aerts

Aerts looked like a bum throwing kicks, badr three nothing but arm punches

I also Watched remy bojanansky vs badr, remy looked much more technical and badr looked a bit better there too, but was still just throwing randomly and using arm punches

I also Watched remy bojanansky vs badr, remy looked much more technical and badr looked a bit better there too, but was still just throwing randomly and using arm punches

These old heavyweight fights aren't good examples of high level kickboxing. Peter Aerts was pushing 40 and ancient at this point. Some of the fights were the 2nd or 3rd fight that night in a tournament for some fighters. Context seems lost on you. Terrible thread like reading some 12 year olds opinion on kickboxing

Aerts was an ancient man in that fight, iirc Badr was showboating with flashy moves which will never look very technical. Remi and Badr faced each other two times, both were good fights. Badr is not perfectly technical, just like someone like George Foreman was not perfectly technical, which doesn't have implications for the technical level of boxing as a whole.

You are trolling but it is hardly debatable that the skill level in Boxing and Muay Thai is incomparably higher than in Kickboxing, for two reasons: Those are more specific disciplines, therefore the practitioners are more specialized in specific techniques; and there are thousands more practitioners than in kickboxing, therefore those who rise to the top levels are bound to be better.

Heavyweight boxing has a ton of sloppy brawlers. Wilder was 40-0 and arguably KOd Fury. MMA has Ngannou who windmills "arm punches" and is the UFC HW champ. Heavyweight combat sports in general lack talent because big athletes are in NFL, NBA, baseball not getting beat up for a living. Go watch lighter weight classes if you're looking for good technique and that goes for all combat sports.

Also Tyrone Spong was a top 10 boxer after retiring from K1 and many kickboxers and muay thai fighters have had success in boxing.

So you came straight from the war room to post a poor attempt at bashing, maybe just lick your shoe next time.

Boxers getting EMBARRASSED by kickboxers

fuck you ts , you must be a fucking a 2000s baby with that comprehension level

Sometimes - yep
But it's just like PC and console games.
You play as the opponent allows you, you choose the tactic which is OP

Back