K1 kick boxer S&C

Im liking this so far. Its refrshing to see you placing an emphasis on different athletes eg striker.

Liking this a lot! This is very simular to what I do myself.

Warmup with focus on active mobility and hitting the main ones like thoratic rotation, hips in and external rotation, GH in and external rotation and fascilitating glut med/max, external rotators, serratus so on (whichever makes the most sense with the following exercises).

Main block depending on season with either some sort of relevant GPP (increasing max strength, control and balance, compounds, unilateral exercises like single leg and upper body push variations, whole body strength/mobility and injury prevention targeting the the individuals weak points with isometric isolations and band work) or sport specific exercises (like various plyos including a lot of rotational components with a focus on bringing in specific moves from the sport as well when applicable). I switch out med ball rotations with hooks on the bag, and single leg jumps with flying knees on the bag as well sometimes!

Then X part which could be anything from working on specific footwork drills and using visual, mental and auditory cues to enchance speed in punches and the like, to co-ordination and cognitive tasks to resting and working on whatever is needed (especially if you have to back off).

Lastly cooldown with focus on relaxed breathing and getting into a parasympathetic state to enchance recovery and mental well being.

Is that sorta the jist of your programming too? Either way, looks very cool!

Btw, could you talk a little bit more about what phase your fighter is in right now with the program as it is focusing mainly on plyos and explosive movements? Early-mid camp? Also, your cursory thoughts on compounds and "the big three"?

Thanks!

Liking this a lot! This is very simular to what I do myself.

Warmup with focus on active mobility and hitting the main ones like thoratic rotation, hips in and external rotation, GH in and external rotation and fascilitating glut med/max, external rotators, serratus so on (whichever makes the most sense with the following exercises).

Main block depending on season with either some sort of relevant GPP (increasing max strength, control and balance, compounds, unilateral exercises like single leg and upper body push variations, whole body strength/mobility and injury prevention targeting the the individuals weak points with isometric isolations and band work) or sport specific exercises (like various plyos including a lot of rotational components with a focus on bringing in specific moves from the sport as well when applicable). I switch out med ball rotations with hooks on the bag, and single leg jumps with flying knees on the bag as well sometimes!

Then X part which could be anything from working on specific footwork drills and using visual, mental and auditory cues to enchance speed in punches and the like, to co-ordination and cognitive tasks to resting and working on whatever is needed (especially if you have to back off).

Lastly cooldown with focus on relaxed breathing and getting into a parasympathetic state to enchance recovery and mental well being.

Is that sorta the jist of your programming too? Either way, looks very cool!

Btw, could you talk a little bit more about what phase your fighter is in right now with the program as it is focusing mainly on plyos and explosive movements? Early-mid camp? Also, your cursory thoughts on compounds and "the big three"?

Thanks!

Absolutely mate, actually embarrassed I didn't talk about the phase she's in or how far out from a fight etc.

Because she fights so often she only really gets on "off season" a year this was 13 weeks in total which I put here through two basic triphasic programs.

At the moment she is in "phase 1" and is 8 weeks out from a fight. In all honesty though I often change it day to day depending on how she is feeling which I'm very lucky to have insight into her training to be able to do.

But as you said above in your first paragraph that's very similar basis of what I work off. But at the end of the day they are coming to me to become a better athlete and their skills coaches to hone their fighting skills to at the end of the week be a alt together better fighter.

Because she fights so often she only really gets on "off season" a year this was 13 weeks in total which I put here through two basic triphasic programs.

At the moment she is in "phase 1" and is 8 weeks out from a fight. In all honesty though I often change it day to day depending on how she is feeling which I'm very lucky to have insight into her training to be able to do.

Good to see coaches finally periodizing and programming by the day.

Since I started working with Joel and coaching some of his coaches, I have been trying to instill this mentality with every coach that I come across — have a program drawn up but be able to adapt from objective measures like HR/HRV and/or subjective measures like DOMs and life stress.

I didn’t read your programming, but from the looks of the reactions here, it seems good-to-to.

Let me know if you ever want to collaborate on work.

Good to see coaches finally periodizing and programming by the day.

Since I started working with Joel and coaching some of his coaches, I have been trying to instill this mentality with every coach that I come across — have a program drawn up but be able to adapt from objective measures like HR/HRV and/or subjective measures like DOMs and life stress.

I didn’t read your programming, but from the looks of the reactions here, it seems good-to-to.

Let me know if you ever want to collaborate on work.

Hi mate I'm not quite sure what this would entail if you want to talk more my emails [email protected]

3 minutes low intensity warm up (skipping today)
-Dyanmic mobility and required activation drills

Plyometric circuit/neural activation
1. Depth drop to broad jump x3
2. Backwards step to medicine ball power rotation throw x3
3. Side ways shuffle x8 to med ball twist/throw x6
4. Plyo push up x3

-Rest 1 minute between rounds or in till breathing rate has completely returned to baseline.

A.1 Trap bar dead lift 4x5
2-1-0-0 rest 30 seconds before>

A.2 Broad jump x5 90 seconds rest before A.1

B.1 Floor press 3x5 1-1-0-0 1
B.2 Explosive prowler chest pressx8 1 minute rest

C.1 1 arm Db row 1-0-0-0 5x6 each side

D.1 Band pull apart 3x25 superset
D.2 lateral goblet lunge 3x12 each side 45 seconds rest

Stretching and controlled breathing.

Shorter session today as Its been a hard week for her an she's feeling relatively drained.

Back