k1/glory style guys vs top thais

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
im not into kb very much dont know the ins outs a friend of mine says that the stadium thai guys are way better than the top guys who fight under kick boxing rules i just dont see how given the money they could made doing it so curious what others here think

One FC has kickboxing and Muay Thai, with the latter contested in MMA gloves which is a nice touch to keep it interesting. (And harks back to old school MT).
The thais seem to have around 60% of the belts with the remainder evenly split worldwide.

One FC has kickboxing and Muay Thai, with the latter contested in MMA gloves which is a nice touch to keep it interesting. (And harks back to old school MT).
The thais seem to have around 60% of the belts with the remainder evenly split worldwide.

but what level of guys are competing?

if the thais were better why didnt they go fight k1 ?

when people talk about strikers they talk about hoost remy bonjaski badr hari and friends only heard about buakaw today in the kb scene so yall think that thais are better than the top kick boxers in the world today?

K-1 had an unwritten one Thai per tournament rule. Glory had all their lower weight belts taken by Thais, and had to rig the rules & judging to end the dominance. Simply put, experience matters. Many Thais are up at around 150-200 fights by their early 20s when some of them make their move into international rules kickboxing. With that much experience, they've pretty much seen everything and know how to deal with it.

S
K-1 had an unwritten one Thai per tournament rule. Glory had all their lower weight belts taken by Thais, and had to rig the rules & judging to end the dominance. Simply put, experience matters. Many Thais are up at around 150-200 fights by their early 20s when some of them make their move into international rules kickboxing. With that much experience, they've pretty much seen everything and know how to deal with it.
o why as everyone so obsessed with the Dutch then when comes to striking

Because they are the best westerners when it comes to kickboxing. It's a West vs. East sort of thing. Westerners are living vicariously via the Dutch.
But k1 was the biggest kB org during 90s 2000s and hardly any Thai guys were there you think the Thais would went to k1 rules and dominated everyone basically?

But k1 was the biggest kB org during 90s 2000s and hardly any Thai guys were there you think the Thais would went to k1 rules and dominated everyone basically?
Buakaw wasn't even the best Thai and he dominated K1 so much they had to change the rules.

Last edited:
Buakaw wasn't even the best Thai and he dominated K1 so much they had to change the rules.
Makes no sense then why these elite Thais aren’t going to glory and dominating the spongs of the world ect who’s wana fight for peanuts vsleast making decent in others

Makes no sense then why these elite Thais aren’t going to glory and dominating the spongs of the world ect who’s wana fight for peanuts vsleast making decent in others
They aren't getting invited is the reason. And Spong is a big guy, 106kg. Thais don't get that big.

The striking aspect sure but clinch stuff against the fence is great stuff with underhook
Underhooks are rare in MT clinching, the posture of it, and how upright is an invitation to takedown city.

Its good to learn regardless since thats a huge missing piece in alot of MMA repertoire, but like every discipline, it has to be adjusted for MMA

Last edited:

‘Cause KB is for pussy snow-white fatty farangs and worn-off Thais who were kicked from Stadiums as elderly veterans at age 24-26. And who then continue to fuck up westerners even in boxing.

y_2944f29c-e1568346625907.jpg

“But what is the matter with you, farangs? Maybe I should beat you also in chess?“

‘Cause KB is for pussy snow-white fatty farangs and worn-off Thais who were kicked from Stadiums as elderly veterans at age 24-26. And who then continue to fuck up westerners even in boxing.

“But what is the matter with you, farangs? Maybe I should beat you also in chess?“
michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

Underhooks are rare in MT clinching, the posture of it, and how upright is an invitation to takedown city.

Its good to learn regardless since thats a huge missing piece in a lot of MMA repertoire, but like every discipline, it has to be adjusted for MMA
i dont use the plum anymore unless the guy is hurt bad and im trying t finish but a fresh guy yeah plums asking for a takedown tbh i like using underhook and gable on the arm throwing knees elbows dirty boxing as well

i try to always come up with systems for ma reason i like the clinch is it can nullify someones hand speed ect things you may not have compared to your opponent and being able to slow the game down and be more technical and beat on them i study the hell out of randy and usman vs tyron really showed me how well clinching is with dirty boxig in the clinch

funny cause i basically abandoned my inside boxing i was taught since i was a kid cause felt it wasnt good for mma thinking that only range boxing is good for top mma levels

i know dirty boxing and inside boxing clinches arnt same but u can mix it all together

farangs?

Back