K-1 World MAX Final 16 Discussion thread

Best kickboxers are without doubt in Glory, we don't consider Muay Thai in this discussion which was about Souwer. And if one or two aren't (like Buakaw) that doesn't mean that they're not the best fighting league. For example, if some good football players play in England and not in Spain that doesn't mean that they're league isn't top notch. or if you're from America, I guess some good hockey players chose Russia instead NHL. And if I remember correctly Simon Marcus was supposed to fight for Glory in Milan. I don't know what happened

Once again go read the rest of the post, then rest your dead argument about Souwer being top 10. All time top 10 yes. Currently fighting no. I don't even think he could handle Ristie in a rematch. I do this for a living and no one agrees with him being top 10 at the moment

Technically is was under octagon and not glory. Glory said under their scoring system it would have been a decision for sittichai. No organization should change a result unless you can prove wrong doing by the judges. JLB said change it or I am not fighting for k1 anymore which is something they should have never done because then any top star could do the same thing to get a result changed which is not fair.

You said it yourself you don't think it would have been fair.

andy was only its showtime champ after they stripped peterosyan and robin won there version of the wgp the fast and furious tournament

I was trying to be polite but Petrosyan wasn't It's Showtime champion. So as Robin Van Roosmalen. so, no stripping

Once again go read the rest of the post, then rest your dead argument about Souwer being top 10. All time top 10 yes. Currently fighting no. I don't even think he could handle Ristie in a rematch. I do this for a living and no one agrees with him being top 10 at the moment

well I do. It must be a hard living

I was trying to be polite but Petrosyan wasn't It's Showtime champion. So as Robin Van Roosmalen. so, no stripping

You are right I forgot that they only secluded Pretro vs ngimbi and the fight did not happen due to payment differences with its showtime and peterosyan

I just think some people look at results and not the fight because if they did they would do as the ufc does and that is if a fighter loses on the score cards it is still a loss on record but you do not treat it as such because anyone with eyes knows they were robbed

Gimme a break, Kiria? Based on what? Win over kickboxing can Khem? Yuri who literally beat noone in two years? Beqiri whose biggest achievement was finally drawing with a washed up Sato?

Comments like this make think whether the Glory roster might be kinda overrated.

Correct, except Kiria get's props from me. I think he is in the top 10. I thought Sato beat Bequiri myself.

It should all be fine in a couple of months because if andy does not win the k1 wgp there is not a chance in hell you could have him ranked in the top 10 at the end of the year

Gimme a break, Kiria? Based on what? Win over kickboxing can Khem? Yuri who literally beat noone in two years? Beqiri whose biggest achievement was finally drawing with a washed up Sato?

Comments like this make think whether the Glory roster might be kinda overrated.

Based upon the level of skills he has displayed over the last 2 years and giving peterosyan his only decent fight since buakaw

I asked you to number 10 kickboxers that are better than Souwer at the moment you culdn't so you decide to end an argument on: because I said so. It doesn't work like that

I didn't see you ask me that question, but I'll entertain you....

1. Buakaw - whom has beaten him and when he got ripped off at the last K-1 Max battle "everyone was in agreement" that he should have won.

2. Murthel Groenhart - who just won the last K-1 Max. To big to strong.

3. Robin Van Roosmalen - Who would clean him up pretty quick.

4. Giorgio Petrosyan - whom already cleaned him up pretty quick.

5. Davit Kiria - He's so on point right now, if you think Souwer is the man this is the guy to test him.

6. Artur Kyshenko - who exposed him for what he is a class act but a step behind.

7. Dzhabar Askerov - whom is not top 10 at the moment either.

8. Enriko Khel - whom just dropped down to the weight class and just beat Henry.

9. Andy Ristie - because if you call this a win?..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nakE5P6rJ8E You are crazy at least an extra round.

10. I will let someone else pick the final spot of whom can beat him. He's scheduled to fight Shemsi Bequiri at SuperPro Fight Night VI in December so let the real Andy Souwer show himself.

I'm the one who predicted him to win the K-1 I even tried to put him on a best of all time Muay Thai fighters, but I know when your not on top of the game anymore you have to climb the road back.

LOL, not a moment you should bring up when you're trying to establish credibility.

LOL I'm trying to explain to the young lad. I have Souwers back 110%. I need not establish credibility I've already done that on several occasions. Though I really stretched it on that one.

Last edited:
LOL I'm trying to explain to the young lad. I have Souwers back 110%. I need not establish credibility I've already done that on several occasions. Though I really stretched it on that one.

You really stretched it on Enriko Kehl

You really stretched it on Enriko Kehl

You could say that, but I think if you pick the young guns he is one of those Souwer needs to walk through in order to say he's the man. Enriko should have gotten the nod over Askerov and you can call that home town cooking in my opinion anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOa_pxyycRM

He just beat Henry Van O. at the K-1 aswell and it didn't take him the extra round it took Souwer to do it

Top 7 based on WGP wins :
1 Souwer (2x K-1, 4x S-Cup)
2 Buakaw (2x K-1, 1x S-Cup)
3 Petrosyan (2/1,5x K-1, 1x Glory, first tournament was 4-man)
4 Masato (2/1,5x K-1, extremely helped by FEG/Tanikawa)
5 Kraus (1x K-1, 1x WLF, some low tier tournament)
6 Roosmalen (1x F&F)
7 Groenhart (1xK-1)

I still consider Buakaw and Souwer as elite fighters although both are way past their primes.

My top 10, partially based on achievements :

1 Buakaw (defeated Petrosyan but got a draw and he's still the biggest treat to his
throne)
2 Petrosyan (reigning kingpin in kickboxing, lacks the balls to compete in any other
ruleset, such as FMT, Shootboxing, etc.)
3 Souwer (most WGP wins, Kyshenko being his kryptonite)
5 Roosmalen (unless he lands a lucky shot he won't defeat Petrosyan, dutch style)
6 Ristie (could deliver an upset against Petrosyan because of his awkward style and
being a southpaw himself)
7 Groenhart (highly overrated, but has potential and could suprise us)
8 Kyshenko (has/had potential but lost a lot because of mike's bum squad)
9 Kyria (has potential and a chin, hasn't proved anything yet)
10 Grigorian (brings pressure, lacks big wins)

Back