K-1 classes in NY?

ksmnn

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey,
The thing is I'm new in NY, I've been looking on google for quite some time for a place that does K1 kickboxing. I've been training in Wroclaw Poland for over a year, and since I'm stuck here for few months atleast, I want to continue training somewhere here. I'm looking for a place somewhere near Queens, I'm living about 5 minutes drive from JFK airport. Or near NJ Secaucus where I am 6 days a week.
I'm looking for a place on intermediate or advanced level, I was training 3 times a week in Poland and some running in free time.

I don't know if there's anyone doing this seriously, because all I found is some BS fitness lessons, some saying it's gonna be fun time getting fit, and dont worry you won't get hurt because you're going to hit AIR SO AWESOME!
or other advertise themselves we're so tough that we have sandbags that you can hit! And everything just seems, fake?

Is sztab the only gym in NY doing kickboxing? It's almost 1.5 hr bus drive from my place and with me getting of from work at 5-6 pm it's not possible to get there on time for last training.

It can also be somewhere near 34 penn station on Manhattan

Bellmore Kickboxing. It's an MMA gym but it focuses way more on the K1 style. All the good areas in Brooklyn and Manhattan are more Thai rule oriented.

I haven't actually come across a gym that specifically teaches K-1 kickboxing, but try The Wat. Their fighter Brett Hlavacek fights in glory so if you take their classes, they will help you.

there is a sitan gym in astoria about 5 min from laguardia and there is a sitan gym on long island in east meadow. if youre looking for bare-bones no bullshit kickboxing sitan is the place to go. if you're looking at places in manhattan: 5 points, the wat, mushin, chok sabai are all good choices too. chok sabai is right near penn station
bellmore kickboxing is really solid as well from what i hear

still, I say sitan in astoria is your best bet even if it seems far. i used to make the trip out there from long island 3 times a week and it was well worth it

They're going to make me a KILLER! HAhaha, that's the way I've been doing it and that's the way I like it. Trainers who want to see results and make you do stuff to get them and not going halfway through so you won't feel tired, or your body will hurt because they will lose their clients and precious money. guess I'll give sitan a try when I complete my gear, all my stuff I left in Poland. Do you guys know any good brand and affordable of gear, boxing gloves and shinguards made from real leather not some synthetic shit that breaks after a month of hard beating? In Poland I was using eithers masters gear which I can't find here or kings which is hell of a lot more expensive here?

Back