Justin Willis signs with PFL

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Willis (8-2) joins PFL following a somewhat surprising release from the UFC. The American Kickboxing Academy product departed after a 4-1 run in the octagon, which included notable victories over Mark Hunt and Chase Sherman. Willis’ lone loss in the UFC was to Curtis Blaydes, who’s currently a top contender in the division.

Willis, 32, last fought in March 2019, when he suffered the decision loss to Blaydes at UFC Nashville.

Smart decision by him, he has a very good chance of winning the million. I think of the guys they have only Isaev and Goltsov can give him any trouble.

Smart decision by him, he has a very good chance of winning the million. I think of the guys they have only Isaev and Goltsov can give him any trouble.
Goltsov and Isaev would be favored to beat him. Lots of guys in PFL would give him trouble.

Not the favorite by any means but a solid addition. A new face to the company.

Typical Coker, signing another UFC dropout

Edit: Sefo

I dig it. I remember Justin Willis KO'd some dude back in the WSOF days.

Big Titty went back home to WSOF/PFL.

I figured he would be signing with them, good addition to their roster.

Shouldn't that be 'resigned', considerin he went WSOF > UFC >PFL (essentially the same promotion)?

Willis isn't bad but he's very dull to watch, I think the UFC should've given him one more though.

I absolutely dislike the guy, he's one of the worst douchebag on the UFC...but it doesn't make any sense that he was cut from the UFC.
He was on 8 consecutive wins, 4-0 in the UFC before losing to Blaydes. Shamil didn't do any better than him against Blaydes and he's ranked #10.

What's stupid is that UFC HW roster is weak, old and shallow, Willis is one of the few decent and relatively young fighters. Instead of having Willis in the UFC and enjoying him getting smashed by top 5 fighters, we'll have him winning boring decisions in PFL.

Willis has a good chance to win that million. not the most exciting hw but PFL did good by signing him because he is a decent hw who still has time to develop.

Willis has a good chance to win that million. not the most exciting hw but PFL did good by signing him because he is a decent hw who still has time to develop.

Ali Isaev will continue teaching him the wrestling lesson started by Blaydes...

Ali Isaev will continue teaching him the wrestling lesson started by Blaydes...
I agree that Isaev is the favorite in this matchup. that said who else is there? I personally am not entirely sold on Goltsov as i think he tends to fold when pressured. I thought Isaev was in talks with the ufc btw?

Good signing for pfl. Surprised it took so long for him to end up somewhere

Back