Media Justin Jaynes is betting his entire fight purse on himself this weekend

They're the biggest names on the card so they negotiate for all show-up money with no win bonus.

No incentive to train hard and try to win.

And... as I mentioned they basically arrange their friends and distant family to make big bets on their opponents and give them a share of the winnings in cash.

That's my gut feeling anyway. No evidence whatsoever to back it up.
Yeah I mean some of it seems kind of obvious but cant prove anything. And I don't want to disparage anyone and have no proof and don't want to piss off old school UFC fans or Shamrock fans but I've always felt that the Shamrock-Kimo finish even if he hit him pretty hard with the knee always felt a little fishy to me as well.

his name reminds me of her

EN2tHExWsAQiNAs.jpg

{<shrug}
good luck to him

i don't know if this is a smart move or a dumb way to lost money. Reminds me of a guy who spent his salary of the month on a soccer ticket jus to watch his team lose.

How is he betting his purse before he gets it? If I'm not mistaken they get paid after they fight. Is he just taking what his purse is out of his savings and betting that?

Given he only earns like 5k or whatever not a bad idea worth the publicity

They are gonna fix the fight and split the money

no he bet on his team
That's what he insisted on and yes there is no evidence at all to him betting against his team except for several inside sources that are technically heresay. Kinda like Jon Jones hiding underneath his gym octogon to hide from a piss test there's no evidence. I grew up in Cincy, I'd here old timers talk about this for hours when I was a kid. I m 32 btw. Who knows the actual truth tbh. He also bet as a manager too for his team to win. But by doing so alot of manipulation to the odds can be made. For example youre manager of Team A and you have a big divisional game against Team D coming up in one week. The betting odds are 50/50. But before you play Team D you intentionally lose to Team B and Team C. Now you've artificially skewed the betting lines. The commissioner wanted to nip that in the butt and make an example out of him.

Edit: Also I should not have stated my original post as a clear 100% fact.

Last edited:
I've had a feeling that Ken Shamrock told his close friends/family to bet against him, and he threw fights so he'd make FAR more money losing than he would winning.

That's why he's 2-9 since 2002.

Same with Bob Sapp. He's 2-17 since 2009, including a 14 fight losing streak.

I am pretty sure you cant bet on Bob Sapp fights...

<{danayeah}>
and if it isn't.... please don't have children you need to feed.

I've had a feeling that Ken Shamrock told his close friends/family to bet against him, and he threw fights so he'd make FAR more money losing than he would winning.

That's why he's 2-9 since 2002.

Same with Bob Sapp. He's 2-17 since 2009, including a 14 fight losing streak.
Yep. See shamrock vs kimbo

Back