Media Justin Jaynes is betting his entire fight purse on himself this weekend

2928957f-22d0-4da9-9a7d-6c56d6716cf7_text.gif

He's fighting Charles Rosa should be fine but still bad idea

The best version of this ever IMO was Chris vs Anderson before the 1st fight. As I remember it, UFC wanted to renegotiate with Weidman because it was his last fight on the contract. He was 9-0 and UFC basically said "hey we want to give you a nice raise from the crap deal you signed with when you debuted" and Chris was so confident he'd beat Anderson and become champ he told them "nah, we'll wait until after the title fight to do that instead."

So he had his bookie dump 500K on Rosa. They're irrelevant place holders but what are odds of fight
Looks like Rosa -170 / Jaynes +155

Hmmmm.......Goof luck to him. But an unwise policy overall for a guy who looks like this after his fights.

601fd025cca90200129b6dee

I think this will affect his fighting.
He would probably perform better without adding that pressure on himself.
But hey...maybe I am wrong.

Thought that was illegal.

Wasn't some baseball player banned for that decades ago?

I think (if the report is true) that's really a stupid thing to do. Everyone can lose at any time, especially in MMA. If he wins, then yeah he looks like a genius etc but to bet your entire purse is not smart.

Plus in fact,.....he CANNOT actually bet his purse since he won't receive that until after the fight. So what that tells me is he has PLENTY of available cash to bet the same amount as his purse, but it won't actually be his purse. He must have plenty of money to be making a 5-figure cash bet.

And ....I picked Rosa in my Tapology picks lol.

Back