Justin Gaethje

I also seem to recall Duffy losing a 3 round decision to Dustin Poirier who Conor sparked inside 1 round.
<TheDonald>
kXZ8fE5.jpg

Conor still struggled with Nate Diaz of all fighters and got manhandled by Khabib.

Justin's style is also tailor made for Conor. I don't get the hype he's been getting lately, after beating a washed up cowboy, and bad boxing defense, Barboza. He would almost hand Conor a finish on a silver platter. And he has basic footwork, and movement. He's too slow and stiff for Conor.

Masvidal on the other hand, has the perfect style to beat Conor on the feet.

Honest question - why did Conor fight the guy coming off two consecutive KO losses, instead of JG?

JG has won three in a row, all by KO. Why on earth would Conor want to avoid the higher ranked guy on a win streak, to fight the lower ranked guy coming off double losses?

I legitimately want to know who here has a reasonable answer.

Well MMA is hardly ever accurate (for example, Matt Hamill would beat DC because he has a DQ win over Jon Jones if we used that logic) but I do agree that Conor would beat Justin Gaethje. Gaethje gets hit a lot, and his brawling style is perfect for a counter-striker like Conor. Conor is (stylistically) a bad match-up for Justin Gaethje IMO

Mcgregor is a terrible matchup against Justin. Justin is really easy to hit; he is a counterfighter that only attacks back once he catches strikes on the forearms or gloves. Mcgregor's punches are pretty clean and will prevent the counters.

Honest question - why did Conor fight the guy coming off two consecutive KO losses, instead of JG?

JG has won three in a row, all by KO. Why on earth would Conor want to avoid the higher ranked guy on a win streak, to fight the lower ranked guy coming off double losses?

He fancied clobbering the shit out of him, has respect for Cerrone unlike all you cunts and he's a bigger name to all the casuals.

Just read the title!

I fucking love Justin!

I absolutely think he could take the title.
But the odds are against him for good reasons, but he does have the power and I'd like to call it "skill" but it's more like a plodding crate of explosives with amazing leg kicks.

Simple, Conor was coming off a loss in his own right (2 losses if you count the boxing match) and he needed a tune up fight before he fought Gaethje or Masvidal.

I don't have the best memory but seem to remember him getting knocked out dead by 2 dudes who Conor easily beat.
So current Poirier is the exact same fighter as he was back at 145lbs in 2014, 5 years ago? I never knew it was impossible to improve as a fighter, thanks for letting me know. I can always count on shertard members to give sound advice.

He fancied clobbering the shit out of him/QUOTE]

I'm away that fighting the lower ranked guy, coming off two losses, is an easier fight then the higher ranked guy, coming off three wins.

I don't know why some folks, yourself included, can't just come out and say Conor wanted an easy fight to rebuild his career.

Win or lose, atleast Gaethje wouldn't turtle up and quit.
And that's all you can ask for a fight, a fight.
Cerrone was pathetic tonight.

Back