News Justin Gaethje will face the winner of Oliveira vs Poirier at UFC 269, per Dana White

Which fight would you like to see after UFC 269

• Total voters
Hoping for the Poirier vs Gaethje rematch. But should be fun either way.

Oliveria makes gaejthe eat his words as we see the quit in gaejthe.

Poirier will be too much again as we see the quit in gaejthe.

Then THEN they give gaejthe permission to take his ball and go home.

The Franklin U has spoken.

The overrated Hooker/ Chandler lineage continues.

I like Gaethje's fights always entertaining, but Islam deserves a title shot now. Justin would be an underdog to Islam if they every fight and Islam would be a bigger favorite over Olivera. Shouldn't title shots go to who people think are the best fighters? Justin's getting a title shot because he beat someone 1-2 in the UFC, this is his only chance because no way he touches a title once Islam gets it.

I like Gaethje's fights always entertaining, but Islam deserves a title shot now. Justin would be an underdog to Islam if they every fight and Islam would be a bigger favorite over Olivera. Shouldn't title shots go to who people think are the best fighters? Justin's getting a title shot because he beat someone 1-2 in the UFC, this is his only chance because no way he touches a title once Islam gets it.
I’m a big Gaethje fan so I’d be cool with him getting any opportunity he gets but I think that’s a good post I agree with.

I hope Gaethje recovers fully from Michael Chandler fight.
He took lots of damage in that fight.

But that's what earned him the shot. People like to watch CTE inducing damage, so they're willing to pay more for it, hence why UFC rewards it with TS over more skilled contenders who take less damage and finish their opponents early

None of that changes the fact that gaethje was rewarded a title shot for his win streak already, and he lost it in embarrassing fashion. Since then, He has had a whopping one win, and as fun as that fight was, it's still just one win.

X2.

He should have fought once in the spring or summer of 2021 instead of sitting out...and if he did he could have had 2 wins since his last TS and there wouldn't be question about whether he deserves it next or not.

I'm good with it and figured it would play out so. Kinda meh on the TS for Justin but I can look past it for this scrap... Not that what I or anyone thinks (how things play out) matters.

Enjoy the fight and NEXT.

He's still ranked #2 and is the most deserving contender.

#3 and #4 are fighting for the next shot. I really don't see the problem.

Why did he even fight Chandler then? He was #2 before the Chandler fight. Why not give him a TS for having a #2 ranking, without fighting Chandler in between

Absolutely deserved after fighting top competitions and sitting in top 3 for the last 2 years. Meanwhile Islam only fought against bums..

Congrats. Hoping for a just bleed rematch with Porier!

Back