Media Justin Gaethje Ranks His Top Lightweights: "Poirier, then it goes me... THEN it goes Oliveira"

The way rankings work means if you beat Tony when he's #2 and have some resume you probably take the #2 spot.

But in reality Tony just fell off hard. He wasn't #2 back then, can't regain his form of the past. So yes, he has a point, but I don't agree he's over Oliveira. Chandler doesn't have a great LW resume, but he demolished Hooker and almost beat Charles. He looks closer to be the best LW than Tony did or has since the Gaethje fight.

Gone from the Just Bleed champion to the Just Bitch champion.

Gaethje can say whatever he wants. The guy has never had a disappointing, boring fight. It's always exciting and entertaining. He gets a pass from me.

Dan is coming into this fight short notice, without a training camp and probably still sore from his last fight. He's also tailor made for Islam. Nothing about beating Dan Hooker will prove anything

My point is that it'll be his most high profile win to date. The type of fight that can really put eyes on him.

An Oliveira who can withstand an early onslaught and come back is a BAD matchup for Justin (was the Chandler fight a one off?)

lol Gaethje is such a likable fighter until you listen to him talk.

The saltiness he has torwards Oliveria is so obvious but I'll admit that I can see Gaethje beating Charles so maybe that's where it comes from.

Not putting Islam in top 5 is a bit disrespectful as well. Why is cucklord chandler getting the spot?

Everybody is entitled to their opinions, including fighters. For me, there is the champ and then there is everybody else.

Champion Charles !

I'm totally ok with Elite contenders saying they think they can beat the Champ.... But... His language is really dismissive of the Champ.... Olivera will make him pay *IF* he ever earns another title shot.

But this kind of chatter in the media creates some drama and that I suppose is ok too.

Olivera plans on being an active Champion so I expect all this blather will be sorted out

This is what happens when you setup a title shot between the #2 and #3 ranked contenders.

Oliveira is on a tear but Dustin has fought much tougher competition. Even so, Dustin hasn't lost since 2016 if you take Khabib out of the equation because any LW right now would lose to him.

Conor x2, Pettis, Alvarez, Gaethje, Hooker, Holloway x2 > Chandler, Tony, and Lee.

Reactions: JKS
Gaethje’s Ferguson win hasn’t aged well ….I can’t wait for him to fight , interviews aren’t his strong suit
How has it not? He’s the one given credit for why Tony fell off so hard. If anything everyone else’s isn’t aging well but his will be the high water mark.

Imho I think he's exactly right. I don't thin Charles can beat gaethje he'd have an easier time with porier but I wouldn't pick him there either

Why are you guys mad? He didn't rank himself at #1 even though he's improved a lot since his fight with Dustin.

It's probably his honest opinion.

Charles will probably be the underdog against Dustin and I love Charles.

He forgot about Islam if he's ranking based off of skill (and not accomplishments)... Not ranked yet because he hasn't faced the top guys but he likely is good enough to.
But we just can't be sure though to put him above chandler who has fought great fighters and has a bunch of 5 round experience. It's hard to put Islam up there yet.

But you're probably right he will end up there eventually

How has it not? He’s the one given credit for why Tony fell off so hard. If anything everyone else’s isn’t aging well but his will be the high water mark.
Father Time is given credit for Tony falling off ….I haven’t heard much of anyone crediting Justin……Justin fought a very good fight , but can’t see how his win means more then Charles or Dariush wins over Tony …..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back