Media Justin Gaethje Ranks His Top Lightweights: "Poirier, then it goes me... THEN it goes Oliveira"

Gaethje’s Ferguson win hasn’t aged well ….I can’t wait for him to fight , interviews aren’t his strong suit

At least Gaethje is honest, and right now Poirier is probably the better fighter.

Justin is also glad that Khabib is no longer in the division
20201025_114507-jpg.811062

Why are you guys mad? He didn't rank himself at #1 even though he's improved a lot since his fight with Dustin.

It's probably his honest opinion.

Charles will probably be the underdog against Dustin and I love Charles.

He forgot about Islam if he's ranking based off of skill (and not accomplishments)... Not ranked yet because he hasn't faced the top guys but he likely is good enough to.

I’m a huge fan of Justin and glad that the JBG’s have blessed us with a favored Son in Gaethje, but... I can remember back to ohhh, about a year ago when Justin had a fight and he uncharacteristicly went unhinged at the mouth leading up to his TS... then performed miserably, I hope we are not seeing him let his nerves get the best of him once again

Everybody is entitled to their opinions, including fighters. For me, there is the champ and then there is everybody else.

Note the lack of Islam in there
Although he just listed the top 4 in the UFC ranking and the current champ (in his prefered order) it goes along with his latest statements
Lol list is complete nonsense if Islam isn't in the top 3.

He's gonna catch a Khabib type domination if he crosses paths with Islam.

I can see it making sense right now since Islam hasn't faced the top guys yet. This fight against Dan could be his coming out party if he has an impressive showing. We all think Islam is immensely talented but it needs to be shown against top guys.

I'm not hating on Islam either. Read my post above.

This seems pretty accurate tbh. Remember it’s Gaethje’s opinion and he places himself below Dustin and above the rest. He likely matches up quite well against everyone else in the division so i can’t be mad at it.

Why are you guys mad? He didn't rank himself at #1 even though he's improved a lot since his fight with Dustin.

It's probably his honest opinion.

Charles will probably be the underdog against Dustin and I love Charles.

He forgot about Islam if he's ranking based off of skill (and not accomplishments)... Not ranked yet because he hasn't faced the top guys but he likely is good enough to.

We are mad because Gaethje got beaten the worst of any Khabibs opponents whilst having some success. he sat out for a year and wanted an immediate title shot after getting dominated the worst out of all Khabibs top opponents. Conor had more success and defended the takedowns better than him. I love watching Gaethje fight, but he needed to be back out there racking up wins if he wanted another shot. His only relevant win now at LW is Tony. Cerrone, Vick and Barboza were the rest of his streak. They are good wins, but that got him his first shot. Go out and earn the second one. Even the Chandler fight shouldn't be close to earning either a shot against anyone. They both need another fight, as do the rest of the division by matching them.

Back