Justin Gaethje: Khabib beats Tony Ferguson

I think you forgot to follow your own advice.

If you followed your own advice you'd realize the "dropped in almost every fight" narrative is total BS. Only Lando had him in genuine trouble from strikes. While Pettis did land a big punch, within 20 seconds or so of that punch it was actually AP who was bleeding profusely, it was all down hill for AP from there.

Tony has had 16 fights in the UFC. "Almost every fight" seems like it would be greater than 75% of the time. Include push-downs, slips, and flash kd's if you wish. But you know damn well you still can't name a list where he even gets KD by a majority of his opponents.

No need for me to argue the semantics of "dropped" or "almost every fight". Start listing the fighters with a KD over Ferg and see if you can even come up with a simple majority.

ok chief. i said he gets dropped a lot, and you claim it's bullshit.

he got dropped by pettis. the fact that he cut and afterwards beat pettis does not somehow change the fact that he got dropped.

he got dropped by lee. it happened at 1:40 into the first round, feel free to look it up.

he got dropped what, 4 times vs lando?

so that's... 6 knockdowns in his last 5 fights. if you just want the number of fights, he got knocked down in 3 of his last 5. i admit it's not 75%... but it is 60%. i'd say that's majority.

or will you try and claim that because all those guys eventually lost the fights, tony didn't get knocked down? like the guy who couldn't understand tony got passed and mounted if he won by triangle vs lee?

he got dropped by pettis. the fact that he cut and afterwards beat pettis does not somehow change the fact that he got dropped.

he got dropped by lee. it happened at 1:40 into the first round, feel free to look it up.

so that's... 6 knockdowns in his last 5 fights. if you just want the number of fights, he got knocked down in 3 of his last 5. i admit it's not 75%... but it is 60%. i'd say that's majority.

or will you try and claim that because all those guys eventually lost the fights, tony didn't get knocked down? like the guy who couldn't understand tony got passed and mounted if he won by triangle vs lee?
Now you are using a sample size that represents less than 40 % of his actual UFC fights.

I'll not only accept Lando, Pettis, and Lee; I'm going to spot you the flash kd by MJ

That means your list is now up to 4 of 16 opponents that have knocked him down in any fashion. That is 25%

In what language does 25% equate to nearly every fight?

Disagree he has already 3 good rounds to pepper khabib with leg kicks to slow him down. Even when he's rocked his reverse wrestling is very good.
justin will use less leg kicks against khabib 100 per cent, khabib is getting really good at catching the kicks, dustin who has a better cardio than justin gassed after 1 round, justin will gass after the 1st round, add to this the fact that he said MANY times that westling makes him tired, you have a recipe to disaster against khabib ...

Now you are using a sample size that represents less than 40 % of his actual UFC fights.

I'll not only accept Lando, Pettis, and Lee; I'm going to spot you the flash kd by MJ

That means your list is now up to 4 of 16 opponents that have knocked him down in any fashion. That is 25%

so we went from "ferguson getting dropped is bullshit", to me surely being incapable of coming up with a list of him getting dropped in even a simple majority of fights... to me using a sample that's too small. moving goal posts much?

why use his 16 UFC opponents? why not his entire career?

well maybe because fights 10 years ago don't really matter when we're talking about someone's chin deteriorating. he got knocked down in 2 of his last 3 fights. he got knocked down in 3 out of his last 5. i don't give two shits about percentages and majorities, the fact of the matter is, in the last 3 years, tony ferguson has been put on his ass a lot with strikes. that doesn't mean he is going to get laid out against khabib, but it's going to happen at some point.

it's hilarious the kind of mental gymnastics ferguson's fans come up with to counter his criticism. it doesn't matter if he got owned on the ground by lee, he eventually triangled him. it doesn't matter if he got knocked down by pettis, he cut him with elbows. it doesn't matter he got dropped a bunch, he won those fights!

i bet after the khabib fight you'll all be saying ferguson got waited out until he was too shop worn and only lost because of that. when he eventually gets KO'd by someone, all of you will have always known his chin was cracked long before that.

so we went from "ferguson getting dropped is bullshit", to me surely being incapable of coming up with a list of him getting dropped in even a simple majority of fights... to me using a sample that's too small. moving goal posts much?

why use his 16 UFC opponents? why not his entire career?

well maybe because fights 10 years ago don't really matter when we're talking about someone's chin deteriorating. he got knocked down in 2 of his last 3 fights. he got knocked down in 3 out of his last 5. i don't give two shits about percentages and majorities, the fact of the matter is, in the last 3 years, tony ferguson has been put on his ass a lot with strikes. that doesn't mean he is going to get laid out against khabib, but it's going to happen at some point.

it's hilarious the kind of mental gymnastics ferguson's fans come up with to counter his criticism. it doesn't matter if he got owned on the ground by lee, he eventually triangled him. it doesn't matter if he got knocked down by pettis, he cut him with elbows. it doesn't matter he got dropped a bunch, he won those fights!

i bet after the khabib fight you'll all be saying ferguson got waited out until he was too shop worn and only lost because of that. when he eventually gets KO'd by someone, all of you will have always known his chin was cracked long before that.

Mental gymnastics and moving goalposts. The irony! You started with "he gets dropped in almost every fight".

Deteriating chin is the conversation now? That's not me moving goalposts. First you tried changing the sample size, now you are trying to change your argument from "he gets dropped in almost every fight" to "he has a deteriorating chin and gets dropped a lot recently".

I've wasted too much time on someone who is obviously disingenuous, Good luck Bud.

You are seriously overestimating Gaethje's cardio.. if he doesn't finish Khabib within 2, his chances of winning dramatically decrease.
Even if his cardio is great one round under Khabib zaps you baaad. Dustin can go 5 but was dead in the water after 1-2 rounds under Khabib

Mental gymnastics and moving goalposts. The irony! You started with "he gets dropped in almost every fight".

Deteriating chin is the conversation now? That's not me moving goalposts. First you tried changing the sample size, now you are trying to change your argument from "he gets dropped in almost every fight" to "he has a deteriorating chin and gets dropped a lot recently".

I've wasted too much time on someone who is obviously disingenuous, Good luck Bud.
he does get dropped in almost every fight. 2 out of 3 is pretty close to "almost every" lol.

how are fights at the start of his career relevant now?

so if i say "his chin is deteriorating and he gets dropped a lot recently, and people are overlooking that", it's somehow completely different from saying "people are overlooking that he gets dropped in almost every fight"?

holy semantics batman.

Tony been stopped multiple times. Been knocked down multiple times. Has below average tdd and average grappling vs none gassed out opponents.

Tonys chances are very low to anyone who's not a colin fan or khabib hater.

Tony got submitted once 10 years ago.

You're arguing a reality that doesn't exist as a result your argument is flawed as it's not based on facts.

he does get dropped in almost every fight. 2 out of 3 is pretty close to "almost every" lol.

how are fights at the start of his career relevant now?

so if i say "his chin is deteriorating and he gets dropped a lot recently, and people are overlooking that", it's somehow completely different from saying "people are overlooking that he gets dropped in almost every fight"?

holy semantics batman.
You were pushing a false narrative. instead of walking it back, you jumped thru a lot of hoops, twisted words, and changed sample sizes to fit your need. Now you are down to using the last 3 fights.

I'm out now partner, good luck to ya.

Here’s the reality:

Khabib beats Conor
Tony beats Khabib
Conor beats Tony

Styles matter.

Tony got his guard passed twice in the first round. So for folk wanting to spin the effect of that it becomes multiple times. Or he gets knocked down all the time, when it's like 3 times in 28 bouts.

If you're making an argument and exaggerating the figures. Then you're not basing your argument on reality, so why should anyone take it seriously?

Now of course it depends on what constitutes a knockdown, in boxing its touching the ground with anything other than your feet. So like Conor getting knocked down against Khabib.

However knockdown doesn't even appear in the rules of MMA that i can find.

You were pushing a false narrative. instead of walking it back, you jumped thru a lot of hoops, twisted words, and changed sample sizes to fit your need. Now you are down to using the last 3 fights.

I'm out now partner, good luck to ya.
i'm down to the last 3 years. in these last 3 years, tony has been in 5 fights. in 3 of those 5 fights, he got knocked down. he has been knocked down a total of 6 times in that time period. in even more recent fights, he has been knocked down in 2 of his last 3.

saying he gets knocked down a lot is stating a fucking fact. he does. arguing that he doesn't is beyond retarded, we have literal video footage of him getting dropped.

you are the one who threw a tantrum over my post and said he was only hurt by vannata, and pettis landed a big punch but got cut afterwards - because as we all know, tony cutting pettis means that pettis didn't really knock him down. the knockdown was erased with that elbow, it never happened. but yeah, i'm the one twisting words and jumping through hoops.

he got dropped by MJ and Abel Trujillo

Only on sherdog you' find goofs claiming that "Tony will OBLITERATE Khabib 100% sure".

I don't think so... maybe some people with ver biased opinions said that.

Tho I think it's a hard fight for Khabib,

Desperately need to get the takedowns on will.
Because Tony has a wicked 6 inch reach adv.

Also Khabib can't GNP his energy out (like he kinda did vs Conor)

I really want Tony to win, but I think he gets wrestlefucked fairly easily and loses a wide UD. The journey there and belief he can pull it off is probably going to be 90% of the fun. I hope i'm wrong.

he got dropped by MJ and Abel Trujillo
I even spotted him the MJ kd in good faith. He still couldnt even come up with a simple majority. He damn sure didn't get close to "he gets dropped in every fight".

As to the flash kd By MJ, it had little effect on the fight. The broken arm didnt really affect the fight much either. Michael Johnson was simply the better man that night.

Tony got submitted once 10 years ago.

You're arguing a reality that doesn't exist as a result your argument is flawed as it's not based on facts.
dustin was submitted once 10 years ago before fighting khabib.

Don’t forget to include his playground fights in grade school.

Back