Justin Gaethje is #1 LW in the World (w. proof)

Fightmatrix is trash.

rankings.jpg

Give him the belt. He's the #1. Don't come up with "he must have a chance for the title". He's the rightful champion of LW right now.

Losing to Khabib doesn't win you a belt.

Want to win a belt? Win a title fight.

according to clout with khabib its__--poirier mcgregor tony gaethje

did you used to have like an owl or something for a profile pic?

lol at acting like 3 points on fightmatrix somehow proves something. That is such a small margin on fightmatrix standards it means almost nothing.

Poirier looks to be the better LW in recent years and the head to head win really helps seal the deal. I do agree it's extremely close. They should be fighting for the vacant LW title from a true sporting sense. Conor McGregor is 1-1 at LHW and hasn't won a LW fight in four years. Even if we're giving Conor bonus points by counting Cowboy, its still just a shot cowboy.

rankings.jpg

Give him the belt. He's the #1. Don't come up with "he must have a chance for the title". He's the rightful champion of LW right now.

As long as he fights, why does it matter?

You don't get handed a belt after losing to the Champion.. No matter how great the champ.

But do like that Olivera is rated #4

Let him fight Olivera and whoever wins goes home with the Championship.

In a perfect world, Khabib would fight Tony for 30-0. At that point, vacate the belt and fight GSP and/or ride off into the sunset.

If Khabib walks now, I'd like to see Tony fight for the belt (I don't care who it's against). Gaethje, Dustin, and Conor have all had a crack at the undisputed title. Meanwhile, Tony has never actually had a shot at the undisputed belt, and he's done more at LW than any of them. The fact that he lost to Gaethje doesn't affect the analysis for me, considering he shouldn't have been forced to take yet another interim title fight in the first place.

It means Justin Gaethje is the #1 LW in the World.

fixed. (not ahead. put some eyeglasses on that head)
Ok, you wanna talk about eyeglasses, buddy? This is your proof, right?
BEHFb8H.png

Aw damn, 3 whole points. But wait, you see this little arrow here? It's cuz the site uses multiple types of ranked scoring.
c8ltWtz.png

Uh oh! Looks like you used only their most basic model. Let's check out the 4 other ones
RvO90vV.png

Weird. Justin's not even on that last one.. yeah, turns out he's third. Don't worry, I'm sure you just missed that part. Cuz, ya know..
Uyczm4R.gif

rankings.jpg

He’s #1? He just got embarrassed by Khabib worse than Dustin or Conor did by far. I know that MMA math doesn’t work, but Justin 1.0 got clapped by Dustin so there’s really no way you can put him as #1 despite his clear improvement on his standup and overall fight IQ and that’s coming from someone who thinks Justin would win a rematch between the two.

Doesnt feel right to just give Justin the LW belt when he literally got choked unconscious in his last fight for the belt......

That's just not how it works. You cant be the champ with a L you have to win

Everybody has a fight record. We can see.
That doesn't change the fact.
Any other thing to comment?!?

Do you see where Alvarez and DP are now?!? Or you have vision problems?
Yeah Dustin has the far better resume... DERR

Back