Justin Gaethje beating Khabib is laughable

Literally no chance.

Khabib mauls him for 2 rounds then laughs at his stand up. Khabib's boxing defense is mad underrated and he's not walking into any bombs. Plus those kicks will be perfect for Khabib to land TDs at will. And please don't mention Gaethje's Wrestling acumen because that shit will be irrelevant against Khabib. Levels, son.

I don't see a path to victory for Gaethje.
Khabib is just a flat out better and "elite" fighter. Justin is not even "elite".
I agree.
( I mean as an always "disclaimer " - its mma so anything is possible)

Nope.

I am wildly impressed with his aggressive zero fucks given mentality and I also believe its laughable that he can beat Khabib.
<{natewhut}>
And I stand by both. Do you have a problem with that? Am I somehow contradicting myself?
Stick to your conviction, zabit. You're on the right side of this. It wasn't that long ago, Eddie stopped the 3-2 gaejthe.

Literally no chance.

Khabib mauls him for 2 rounds then laughs at his stand up. Khabib's boxing defense is mad underrated and he's not walking into any bombs. Plus those kicks will be perfect for Khabib to land TDs at will. And please don't mention Gaethje's Wrestling acumen because that shit will be irrelevant against Khabib. Levels, son.

I don't see a path to victory for Gaethje.
Not as laughable as your username huh

Gaethje probably isn't getting taken down by Khabib. And standing up, Gaethje is a huge threat to Khabib. This is honestly a bad matchup for him.

Haven't we been over this? Stopping a few of Khabib's takedowns does not equal stopping his wrestling. He will attempty takedown after takedown until his opponent is exhausted and on his back. No one since Tibau has been able to stop this. And even though Tibau stayed upright, he was swamped, controlled and on survival mode the entire fight, which is why he lost.
No, I haven't been over that, but you're assuming I'm on Sherdog all the time. I agree with the sentiment of what you're saying in that you need to do more than just stop a bunch of takedowns. But I think Gaethje is more capable of doing that than any of the fighters Khabib has fought. Extreme pressure, good size, good striking, great wrestling, great chin, and importantly he doesn't give up.

Tibau defended better than anyone else thus far, and I think you're heavily exaggerating in saying he was swamped and controlled. It was a close fight, and the judges happened to see more in Khabib for whatever reason; that's why Tibau lost, and it easily coulda gone the other way.

He is a threat for Khabib but his TDD is overrated big time.

LOL at anyone actually entertaining the idea. Gaethje is struggling to string wins together and ages a couple of years in every fight.
Huh?

Isn’t he like 20-2 or something? I don’t feel like looking it up

But his losses have been razor thin

What are you talking about??

Would Kabob be the favorite?
Yes.
But would the idea of Justin win be laughable?
No.

Chomping legs keeping is standing is a possibility and we know Gaethje as KO power.
Leg kicking a top TD artist is a dumbest fight plan Gaethje could use. It's not even the timing of the leg kick.. Just eating one and before the kicker retrieve the leg back and is leaned to the side standing on one leg.. Bad, bad plan on a fighter like Khabib.. Justins best bet would be to lure Khabib into a stand up brawl. So far he manage to get everyone to just stand there and trade wild punches with (even though2 times it worked against him).

Back