Justin Gaethje beating Khabib is laughable

I would give Khabib the advantage in the fight definitely his chain wrestling is amazing and cardio looks good.
That being said a guy with a style like Justin is what I believe would give Khabib his hardest fight.
Ferguson is another but I don't think he hits hard enough to stop Khabib even if he tired him out.
Justin needs to work cardio big time before he challenges imo

Gaethje lost two wars against some of the divisions best strikers, Khabib won't be KOing JG standing if they got in a war.

He's 3-2 at his own game. He can't stop the TD.
And Barboza is a fun fighter, but his UFC record is worse that Nate's and he is terrible when pressured. This was a gimme for Gaethje.

Tibau, Barboza, Iaquinta, Conor all stopped multiple takedowns. Gaethje has better TDD than all of them and can do it while forcing Khabib backwards out of his element.

Haven't we been over this? Stopping a few of Khabib's takedowns does not equal stopping his wrestling. He will attempty takedown after takedown until his opponent is exhausted and on his back. No one since Tibau has been able to stop this. And even though Tibau stayed upright, he was swamped, controlled and on survival mode the entire fight, which is why he lost.

He's 3-2 at his own game. He can't stop the TD.
And Barboza is a fun fighter, but his UFC record is worse that Nate's and he is terrible when pressured. This was a gimme for Gaethje.

No one's kept JG down.

Barboza is who Khabib beat to get the title shot, gimme fight for Khabib as well.

Typical Sherdog response.

No. I made a thread about his mindset and how impressive it is and now I made a thread about how I think his chances of beating Khabib are non existent. What exactly is wring with that. I complimented him and now I have to think he's invincible to have a valid perspective. Yeah, miss me with all that.

It's called being objective son.
Don't worry he has some mental issues, he is still learning what the number 1 means.

Great endurance, great wrestling, great range of striking.

I think a few solid leg kicks would slow Khabib down early on. Not sure if he can check kicks well.

Big fan of both guys, think it’s daft to write off Justin’s chances. Not an easy fight for anyone

Just let Gaethje fight Raging Al next and if he stops him like he did Barboza then i would say he is ready for Khabib.

I like gaethje but hed only have a punchers chance.. if he doesn't land the money shot early he's gonna get drowned in there

Gaethje is my favourite LW .... so I obviously would love him to get a shot .... needs one more big win for it to be credible imo

I could see Khabib getting KO'd in the later rounds if they fought. Would be a very interesting matchup.

Kebab couldn't beat Tibau lmao

Gaethje has a better chance than you think

JG would dismantle Khabib. It's easy to look good when you haven't faced a D1 wrestler in your whole career. His best win is a striker with 0 ground game. JG would stop all of his takedowns and knock him out. And JG just did in 2.5 minutes what Khabib couln't do in 15.

Al went 5 rds with khabob with what a 2 week camp? Lol gaej can possibly pull it off

You went a bit too far with "no chance"
Gaethje is a hard hitting brawler with an iron jaw
Khabib never been tested by a fighter who fights like Gaethje
And Justin's wrestling is a mystery, so you can't assume Khabib would easily take him down
Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't
Gaethje comes to fight and it would be the first time when someone puts that much pressure on Khabib

Gaethje is horribly overrated here. No way he beats Khabib.

Dude loses to anyone that doesn't straight up start brawling with him.

I think Gaethje has the skill-set to beat Khabib. His brawling style works well against Khabibs forward pressure because he's not going to step back to find space.
He can (reportedly) wrestle and will take one to give one.
Except his "one" hits like a truck and Khabib is a bit under-powerd in the hands.
That's a very interesting fight to make now that Ferguson is off the scene.
Tony probably should never get a licence again for medical reasons.

Come on, don't be scared homie!

Even as great as Khabib is Gaethje is a clear threat to anyone.

The fact that Gaethje murdered the same elite striker Khabid had to wrestlefugg to get a decicion should tell you he has more than a fair chance against Khabib.

Just let Gaethje fight Raging Al next and if he stops him like he did Barboza then i would say he is ready for Khabib.
Agree. Al would be the perfect step to a title challenge for Gaethje because him and Khabib would then have winns over three common opponents in, Al, Barboza and Johnson.

Gaethje is horribly overrated here. No way he beats Khabib.

Dude loses to anyone that doesn't straight up start brawling with him.
Eh, what? His only to losses came from brawls. The murders of Barboza and Vick was anything but simple brawls.

Back