Justin Gaethje appeals to our testosterone-fueled, baser instincts

Yeah, muaythai is a problematic sport because of the elbow blows to the head. Justin just takes too much unnecessary damage too.
Yeah I’d say the biggest problem is how often they fight and how many times they have fought it’s nuts.

Gaethje did an amazing job staying close but just outside Barboza's strikes (5" reach advantage mind you).

Gaethje can definitely be champ. He's negotiating a pay raise he wants $250k to show, I say pay him.

Really makes you wish Diego could still be in his prime for a Gaethje vs Sanchez bloodbath

He's negotiating a pay raise he wants $250k to show, I say pay him.

He's worth at least double that. But the UFC also can up the ante on promoting the shit outta him. He has the reels of pure violence to make promotion easy.

I get the same vibes from Gaethje as I do from prime Robbie Lawler. He ended up winning a championship and I sincerely hope Gaethje does too.

Not gonna lie -- I was somewhat disappointed with his performance. He barely took any damage. He clearly used head movement when he could've headbutted Barboza's fist or at least covered up so he at least absorbs some of the punishment while mitigating it slightly. His last couple fights he has barely absorbed any punishment, relatively speaking, before getting the wins. The leg kicks he absorbed were nice, but hardly Just Bleed status. On a less satirical note, very well put TS. The dude marches to his own drum and fights how he wants to fight. I dig it.
He literally went out and promised 5 more wars in his post-fight interview, said this fight didn't count. He said the exact same thing after KO'ing Vick too.

One of the realest fighters the sport has ever seen.

It baffles me that there are posters on this forum who prefer WMMA when fighters like Gaethje exist. Truly mindboggling.

+1 for the John Wick baser instincts reference

He's looking like another Chuck Liddell. Let's see him against Poirier again or a top guy before getting carried away though.

Max vs Dustin April
Gaethje vs tony July
Max/Dustin winner vs khabib September
Max/Dustin/khabib winner vs tony/gaethje winner nov/dec

Would be cool imo

Im just glad he didn’t take any more damage like he always does! And he kind of used his grappling when he pushed Edson against the cage to land those punches. He fought great

He sure does and bless his soul for it.

19 of his 22 MMA fights have ended in a KO or TKO. That is an insane statistic. I hope he keeps growing in popularity (and paydays) because he's one of the guys who pays tribute to the Just Bleed Gods every time he gets in the cage.

You got to love it when a fighter uses his weapons. That’s the game plan we have in our heads and hopefully they use it. If Aldo would’ve came out using his leg kicks against Conor, it would’ve been a different fight.

Back