Justin Gaethje (#5) Calls Out Conor (#2) [Update: Discussions Begin]

Justin vs. Conor

• Total voters
Conor’s in his prime, and hasn’t won an MMA fight since 2016. The game keeps evolving, while he’s devolving. The idea that he’s the same fighter he was 4 years ago is ludicrous. He’s been on one won long bender, while almost completely removing himself from MMA competition.He trains with nobodies, so he probably can’t even tell that he’s lost a step. He had nothing for Khabib, despite committing multiple fouls, and in the end he quit. That’s probably the best version of Conor, we’ll be seeing anytime in the near future, and it wasn’t close to being good enough. Gaethje breaks Conor in a way, that obliterates whatever’s left of Mcgregor’s mystic. Conor doesn’t want that smoke. He’s trying to cherry pick his way to a title shot, because he’s outclassed at 155.

I want Conor vs Gaethje or Tony next.

I say that as a Conor fan.

I think both fights are 50/50 affairs for him... better than a 20% chance to beat Khabib imo

Everyone saying Conor picks Gaethje apart but after that Khabib knockdown im worried Gaethje sparks him

Who the hell hasnt called out Conor? EVERYBODY wants a piece of the red panty night. Rankings are so stupid because they give guys excuses not to fight each other. Gaethje was knocked out in two straight fights. James Vick did nothing to improve his stock but the Barboza KO put him back in the green.

He deserves a tough fight, but he should fight the winner of Iaquinta/Cerrone. He was supposed to fight Iaquinta last summer anyway I wouldn’t mind that fight but Gaethje fell out of the title race when he got knocked out in back to back fights. I even think Pettis and Felder would be good fights for him as well.
I knew someone would say he's wanting a red panty night, it's only customary to bring it up if anyone ever wants to fight Conor for any reason...

But seriously, Gaethje just wants a fight to put him in title contention and Conor's #2 rank would give him a great claim. But of course every braindead Conor fan will say he only wants a big payday...

Can you guys seriously get over the idea that everyone only wants a Conor fight for money? Maybe people want to take Conor's rank so they can be a title holder? Conor isn't even the best fighter at 155 and his ranking is shit. Let him lose a couple of fights and most people will stop calling him out since it won't further their career. The title means more than beating Conor does since Conor isn't the best guy at 155. I'd argue if it was a Jon Jones situation where beating him meant more than anything. But it's not, since Conor got slapped up by Diaz and raped by Khabib.

Why are you saying that I’m a Conor fan? Lol stop assuming stupid shit & get your head out of your ass. Conor is the biggest draw in the sport and has EVERYONE in multiple weight divisions calling his name. Do you know why? Because he is the money fight. You’ll go from 40k to 500k from a fight with Conor not to mention your PPV bonus . Just because I’m speaking facts doesn’t mean I’m a huge fan of his.

Gaethje got knocked out in two straight fights and one of the guys he lost to is on a 2-fight losing streak so I don’t think he can start claiming #1 contender fights just yet. Beating James Vick got him nowhere but the Barboza KO was a good start. The top of 155 is completely clogged and whether Justin likes it or not it’s gonna be awhile before he can get a title shot.

Anybody with a brain knows Conor isn’t the best fighter at 155, he’s arguably not even top 5 at LW, but when you generate the type of interest he does, you get to keep your name in places it doesn’t always belong and you get to pick the fights you want. Justin is still headlining free TV cards and should do some clearing of the division first.

I knew someone would say he's wanting a red panty night, it's only customary to bring it up if anyone ever wants to fight Conor for any reason...

But seriously, Gaethje just wants a fight to put him in title contention and Conor's #2 rank would give him a great claim. But of course every braindead Conor fan will say he only wants a big payday...

Can you guys seriously get over the idea that everyone only wants a Conor fight for money? Maybe people want to take Conor's rank so they can be a title holder? Conor isn't even the best fighter at 155 and his ranking is shit. Let him lose a couple of fights and most people will stop calling him out since it won't further their career. The title means more than beating Conor does since Conor isn't the best guy at 155. I'd argue if it was a Jon Jones situation where beating him meant more than anything. But it's not, since Conor got slapped up by Diaz and raped by Khabib.

Gaethje IMO 75/25 in his favor. Conor's power doesn't seem nearly as good at LW as it was at FW(Alvarez has always gotten rocked more easily than most). I think Conor's only chance is a first round KO and Gaethje is tough as hell and he would mess up Conor's legs early like he's done to everyone so far in the UFC. I don't think Conor could handle his low kicks, pressure or pace.

Conor vs. Tony is probably what should happen. Tony deserves the money fight and whoever wins the fight is the clear #1 contender to fight the winner of Dustin/Khabib. Any which way you cut it, any of the outcomes are exciting and have a built in story. Conor vs. Khabib 2 obviously huge fight. Conor vs. Dustin 2 is compelling with their history as well. Or if Tony beats Conor, Tony vs. Khabib finally (if they both make it to the cage finally), or Tony vs. Dustin, the two guys who have been doing the heavy lifting in the division squaring off to figure out who is top dog.

Very exciting times at LW right now!

Conor vs. Tony is probably what should happen. Tony deserves the money fight and whoever wins the fight is the clear #1 contender to fight the winner of Dustin/Khabib. Any which way you cut it, any of the outcomes are exciting and have a built in story. Conor vs. Khabib 2 obviously huge fight. Conor vs. Dustin 2 is compelling with their history as well. Or if Tony beats Conor, Tony vs. Khabib finally (if they both make it to the cage finally), or Tony vs. Dustin, the two guys who have been doing the heavy lifting in the division squaring off to figure out who is top dog.

Very exciting times at LW right now!

Sounds good and Gaethje can fight the winner of Al vs Cerrone for next in line.

Conor wants no part of a fighter like Gaethje. Ferg would be down for sure.

#champshit

Sherdog’s logic amazes me. So ...Mcgregor beats Tony but gets mauled by Gaethje ?.... lmao.

Sherdog’s logic amazes me. So ...Mcgregor beats Tony but gets mauled by Gaethje ?.... lmao.

I don't necesarily agree with that but I don't see what's wrong with it either, Gaethje and Ferguson aren't similar fighters. Conor's wide stance makes him susceptible to low kicks which is kind of a problem if you're fighting Gaethje.

Conor wins with hilarious ease. Gaethje is too predictable and too aggressive to stand a chance vs master tactician and a student of the game with deadly striking

Kind of surprised this poll is so lopsided. How the mighty have fallen.

Conor is a douchebag, don't like how he treats people and his ego but he is way too precise and technical for hay maker magee. All the Conor haters just hate on everything.
Connie is scared....he keeps running from this guy in boxing/bare knuckle:
paulie.jpg

Conor is staying at that #2 spot until Khabib is no longer champ and #1 is injured so they can give Conor the title fight.

Back