Justin Gaethje (#5) Calls Out Conor (#2) [Update: Discussions Begin]

Justin vs. Conor

• Total voters
People will pick Justin to smash Conor and then if Conor/Justin fought and Conor won they'd say Justin sucks, was beaten by Dustin/Eddie. has the perfect style for Conor to beat etc.

I just hope Justin pulls out his patented flip kick

gaethje-flip-comp.gif

Who the hell hasnt called out Conor? EVERYBODY wants a piece of the red panty night. Rankings are so stupid because they give guys excuses not to fight each other. Gaethje was knocked out in two straight fights. James Vick did nothing to improve his stock but the Barboza KO put him back in the green.

He deserves a tough fight, but he should fight the winner of Iaquinta/Cerrone. He was supposed to fight Iaquinta last summer anyway I wouldn’t mind that fight but Gaethje fell out of the title race when he got knocked out in back to back fights. I even think Pettis and Felder would be good fights for him as well.

Idk half of me thinks Justin survives and annihilates him the other half think Conor catches him early and puts him away, he has taken a load of damage now and doesn't seem intended on changing much defensively
This. Fuck. Would be an insane fight. Gaethje will go straight at him but Conor can finish better then anybody hes fought. Conors stance could get his legs destroyed by gaethje too

justin needs to fight khabib

justin is the only man who can beat khabib at 155 in UFC

Great fight that would sell. Slightly favor Gaethje due to pressure and his gas tank, but McGregor could definitely sleep him early.

fair enough, interesting fight with Tony, Conor probably beats him but cardio can be an issue

Just look at the poll results for the kind of laughable bias from Sherdawgs.

Justin is too sloppy and hittable. McGregor murks him fairly easily.

Hell of a fight. The fans win if it happens.

I think Justin wins by KO and compromises Conor's ability to walk for a while with leg kicks for 3 rounds.

Lmao. Gaethje walks like a robot. McGregor picks him apart with lefts and superior footwork.

Lmao. Gaethje walks like a robot. McGregor picks him apart with lefts and superior footwork.
he still gets leg kicked if he is successful moving in and out of range. It comes down to whether McGregor can piece him up enough before he gasses and gets half immobilised, at which point Garthje destroys him with bombs.

I say its a tossup.

Colon doesn't have the heart to stand and bang with Gaethje. Gaethje's pressure would be overwhelming. No amount of money would entice Colon to take that fight.

he still gets leg kicked if he is successful moving in and out of range. It comes down to whether McGregor can piece him up enough before he gasses and gets half immobilised, at which point Garthje destroys him with bombs.

I say its a tossup.

Yes and Gaethje is just going to take it....not. FYI let's remind ourselves how hard Conor hits and much more precise than Poirier and Alvarez. Gaethje isn't fresh on his feet either by the time Conor is predicted to gas. None of these guys except champion grappler Khabib is ever fresh in the 3rd round.

Gaethje's "bombs" will land less than Conor's

“Tony is dealing with whatever he has to deal with,” Ferguson said.

I thought they were talking to Gaethje! Why is Ferguson in there talking about himself in third person? He’s obviously dealing with whatever he has to deal with.

:rolleyes:

Nah Conor wants the money fight always. Khabib, Tony, and Gaethje are nightmare matchups for Conor. He needs to fight Cowboy

LMAO at Tony and Gaethje being nightmare matchups.

Khabib is his only really uphill battle.

Ferguson is very hittable, Gaethje has been knocked silly a bunch of time and throws sloppy overhands. Unless you're significantly bigger than McGregor, don't challenge him to a stand up striking match. Won't end well.

Terrible fight for Justin. Conor would counter Justin all night and make easier work of him than he did to Eddie. Justin goes plodding forward at all times, there is no chance in hell he makes it to the 3rd round while Conor is tagging him with total precise.

I love how because Conor is rich and successful now all of a sudden “he gets beat by everyone at lw, especially a guy like Justin who is literally tailor made for Conor to chew up and spit out

If Conor took this fight he would want to make a statement. I think he would work his ass off and make it look easy to remind people why he’s the superstar that he is. I’m not even a Conor nuthugger - it’s just super obvious this would be a horrible fight for Justin to anyone with basic mma knowledge That doesn’t have their mind polluted with hate and jealousy

Conor has a round and a half to KO Justin. If he doesn't, he's in trouble.

Conor has a round and a half to KO Justin. If he doesn't, he's in trouble.

Simplistic myth making.

Did you see how beaten and worn Justin and his opponents Poirier and Alvarez were in their respective fights? Now Conor consistently takes less damage than the vast majority of his opponents. Punches from McGregor...bet they will land. And when they land they will impact Gaethje's game for the rest of the fight, if history is any guide.

Conor is dangerous even when tired, as seen in the Nate fights. Normal people can't handle what Nate can, and we all saw how far they took that.

Gaethje's best chance to beat McGregor is to kick legs and go for takedowns. Don't stand and attempt to strike.

Simplistic myth making.

Did you see how beaten and worn Justin and his opponents Poirier and Alvarez were in their respective fights? Now Conor consistently takes less damage than the vast majority of his opponents. Punches from McGregor...bet they will land. And when they land they will impact Gaethje's game for the rest of the fight, if history is any guide.

Conor is dangerous even when tired, as seen in the Nate fights. Normal people can't handle what Nate can, and we all saw how far they took that.

Gaethje's best chance to beat McGregor is to kick legs and go for takedowns. Don't stand and attempt to strike.

Is Gaethje somehow normal to you?

Back