Justin Gaethje (#5) Calls Out Conor (#2) [Update: Discussions Begin]

Justin vs. Conor

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Justin Gaethje wants Conor McGregor or Tony Ferguson next

ATLANTA – Fresh off a highlight-reel knockout of Edson Barboza just two weeks ago, Justin Gaethje feels he’s not far off from a UFC lightweight title shot.

But he’s not about to try to cut ahead of Dustin Poirier, who claimed the interim belt in the main event of Saturday night’s UFC 236 at State Farm Arena in Atlanta.

. . .

“I believe the winner of tonight, deservedly so, gets a shot at Khabib, and I want to put myself in position to fight the winner of that fight,” Gaethje said. “I think Tony (Ferguson) and Conor (McGregor) do that for me.”

. . .

“Tony is dealing with whatever he has to deal with,” Ferguson said. “I expect him to take as much time as he needs to come back 100 percent. I know he can come back right now. He’s a warrior, there’s no doubt about it.”

. . .

“Who (expletive) knows what’s happening with Conor?” Gaethje said. “But they either take him out of the rankings if he’s retired, or they keep him in the rankings and he has to fight somebody. If that’s me, cool. If that’s not me, cool, but there has to be some type of structure to what’s going on here. We can’t just keep floating around.”

. . .

“I want to know what my path is, and you can’t do that by saying I’m retired and being in the rankings and being ranked ahead of me,” Gaethje said. “If you’re ranked ahead of me, you’re fighting for the title. He doesn’t deserve a title shot right now, so therefore it’s me or its Tony, and he has to pick one of us to fight.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/04/justin-gaethje-conor-mcgregor-tony-ferguson-next-fight

“Tony is dealing with whatever he has to deal with,” Ferguson said. “I expect him to take as much time as he needs to come back 100 percent. I know he can come back right now. He’s a warrior, there’s no doubt about it.”
Damn, talking about himself in the third person. Tony really is going through some shit.

conor/tony should be next. makes up for tony not getting the shot at khabib.

gaethje fights winner of iaquinta/cowboy

Is there any indication that Conor is even fighting any time soon? All he seems to be focused on now is being a Twitter Warrior.

Idk half of me thinks Justin survives and annihilates him the other half think Conor catches him early and puts him away, he has taken a load of damage now and doesn't seem intended on changing much defensively

Gaehtje got finished by Eddie and Poirier.

Two guys Conor finished in less than 3 rounds combined.

McGOAT 1st Round KO

Unless it's an interim fight i don't think Mcg will take that fight without a tin foil belt on the line. That being said, Gaethje beats Mcg hard and ko out cold or a brutal beating.

Fk yeah. That's a top 5 wish list match-up for me. Front leg kicks are The Highlight's path to victory.

Completely reasonable comments.

And I’d take Justin to knock McGregor out. But I don’t think McGregor or the UFC want that fight.

Gaehtje got finished by Eddie and Poirier.

Two guys Conor finished in less than 3 rounds combined.

McGOAT 1st Round KO

This. Terrible matchup for Justin. Conor pieces him up on the feet early an easily with his much more technical striking.

Conor is a douchebag, don't like how he treats people and his ego but he is way too precise and technical for hay maker magee. All the Conor haters just hate on everything.

Conor #2 <45>

Maybe he's, "doing number 2"? That's about it.

Back