Elections Justin Amash seeking the Libertarian nomination; Update: He's out

I vote for the libertarian party not because I like them, but because they're the biggest third party.
Same here. I mean, I like some of the things they stand for like decriminalization of drugs, but true libertarianism would be like the flip side of communism: sounds great on paper but is hell on regular people.

Slavery to the state or slavery to the corporation, pick your poison. You have to have a very naive view of human nature to believe in either one in practice.

Same here. I mean, I like some of the things they stand for like decriminalization of drugs, but true libertarianism would be like the flip side of communism: sounds great on paper but is hell on regular people.

Slavery to the state or slavery to the corporation, pick your poison. You have to have a very naive view of human nature to believe in either one in practice.
Agreed. Just less laws or a less messy law and tax system would be great. And maybe some drugs like pot being legalized, I'm cool with that.

But yeah after that they're just asking for anarchy. or worse yet the unfettered capitalism that existed in Wallstreet in the 19th century whwre collusion and other bad stuff was rampant.

I think very limited government works in heterogeneous areas that have low population levels. Like Vermont l, Northern Maine and the such. Outside of that you're asking for exploitation and or total corporate dominance

It seems that you don't know very much about Justin Amash.

azf1v9hp3ov41.png

It seems that you don't know very much about Justin Amash.
Sorry if I got off topic but the post was about the philosophy of libertarianism in general, I never mentioned Amash.

As for Justin Amash, you’re right that I know little about him beyond a few policy positions and his criticisms of Trump. I only know the stuff I’ve seen that makes headlines.

I would bet the house that, given Amash's overall policy perspectives, he would consider another four years of Trump preferable to a Biden administration. So trying to "guilt" Amash into not running because it might take votes from Biden and help reelect Trump makes zero sense.

Justin probably sees this run as win/win: It raises his personal profile AND may help keep a neocon, welfare state democrat out of the WH.

Well, that was short.

His race in his home district is close. I assume that he will be focusing on that race before he gets back into thinking about running for POTUS.

He's out?

Mr. Biden, Mr. Trump...you may exhale now. That was a close call. The Amash will not be a problem this year. Stay on your toes though, because when the Amash wants the Presidency, the Amash will take the Presidency.

Back