Elections Justin Amash seeking the Libertarian nomination; Update: He's out

Yeah, who thinks libertarianism would be a good idea in practice when they see how badly our government performs in times of crisis without the sharp reductions in size and capability that the movement strives for.

The rational self interest of the mask makers goes out the window when the prices are gouged and auctioned between the states.

giphy.gif

Yeah, who thinks libertarianism would be a good idea in practice when they see how badly our government performs in times of crisis without the sharp reductions in size and capability that the movement strives for.

The rational self interest of the mask makers goes out the window when the prices are gouged and auctioned between the states.
He's not running to win, genius. You think a little known 3rd party guy who's considering starting a campaign with 6 months of social distancing and rallies banned was planning on winning? He's doing it because he hates Trump and thinks running as a libertarian could take some votes away from Trump.

He's not running to win, genius. You think a little known 3rd party guy who's considering starting a campaign with 6 months of social distancing and rallies banned was planning on winning? He's doing it because he hates Trump and thinks running as a libertarian could take some votes away from Trump.
I vote for the libertarian party not because I like them, but because they're the biggest third party.

Also, I believe any donations he gets, he can later turn around to fund his future Congress campaigns if he continues to stay there. Likely a shameless money grab and getting more name recognition.

Amash thinks he can be Perot to Trumps Bush the Elder.

Also, Amash voted present for the second SBA loan bill. He’s entirely just thinking of building an image/ brand at this point. I don’t see much reason to like him.

Given he has been a thoughtful, sharp critic of the president this is disappointing. Someone should send him the memo that hard right austerity and deficit obsession is dead in right wing politics.

He is smart enough to realize he has zero chance of winning so I’m with those in here that think he’s looking to raise his profile. I’m worried that this hurts Biden’s chances by taking away that voter who is right of center but hates Trump and was going to hold their noses and vote for Biden. It would make me happy to be wrong though, and I certainly can be.

Social degeneracy and unlimited corporate power taking advantage of it for everyone!!

Anyone think he could at least get a 3rd party to 5% in the nations vote to get them federal funding for the 2024 election?

Anyone think he could at least get a 3rd party to 5% in the nations vote to get them federal funding for the 2024 election?

They would immediately find a loophole or change the law to prevent that from happening, so no.

They would immediately find a loophole or change the law to prevent that from happening, so no.
This is 100% correct now that money can be printed from thin air and given to corporations as bribes for future support.

Nope. Trump’s approval rating with Republicans is very high and Amash is a hard right extremist on economic issues. The Democrats who care to look into him and see what he’s about will not like him one bit.

The best opportunity for a third party (which is unlikely as far as I can tell) is for a center right coalition to break from Trumpism. I supposes there’s some chance of social democrats to break from the party but I think that’s even more unlikely.

Libertarians suck and that’s why they’re a fringe party.

How have I not seen this before? The first two candidates replied like they came from a comedy skit and the most sensible reply by Gary got booed

Back