Justice will be served: Jones wants REMATCH

They already fought at heavyweight. DC was 240 pounds in fight night when he fought Jones. Noobies dont know that fighters cut weight and gain it back.

He was about 250 in Jeans at the presser.. Got his ass whooped there too..

3 times including the presser.. DC could not even beat Jones with buckets of Chicken in his belly wearing Jeans. But he did throw a shoe at him..
Already proven in this thread that Jones said NO I WILL NEVER GO UP TO HW TO FIGHT MASTERDC

oh? so how come Jones didnt move up to take HW title if your fictional take on the situation was true?

"I’m a realist,” Jones said. “Daniel Cormier is a special athlete and anyone can be beat. I think my greatest chance of losing would be to a guy like Daniel Cormier. We’d be giving him a power and strength advantage over me; it just doesn’t make sense.Right now, I make light heavyweight very easily, and it would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage. I’m not doing it. I’m sure my fans don’t like to hear me talk like that, but that’s just me being a realist – and being respectful of Daniel’s abilities.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/05/jon-jones-will-not-fight-daniel-cormier-at-heavyweight

That's called gamesmanship, and I can give you a ton of examples of this.. One is Sugar Ray would not fight Hagler unless the fight was 12 rounds, not 15, and the ring had to be much bigger, with larger gloves than Hagler wanted.. All anyone recalls is the win or the loss.. But you get every edge..

Already proven in this thread that Jones said NO I WILL NEVER GO UP TO HW TO FIGHT MASTERDC

How many chances should he give DC exactly? That would be 4.. Lets go until you win one..

That's called gamesmanship, and I can give you a ton of examples of this.. One is Sugar Ray would not fight Hagler unless the fight was 12 rounds, not 15, and the ring had to be much bigger, with larger gloves than Hagler wanted.. All anyone recalls is the win or the loss.. But you get every edge..
Like Pulsing/Picograms

How many chances should he give DC exactly? That would be 4.. Lets go until you win one..
“UFC was informed Wednesday that the result of the UFC 214 bout between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier on July 29 was overturned by the California State Athletic Commission"

“UFC was informed Wednesday that the result of the UFC 214 bout between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier on July 29 was overturned by the California State Athletic Commission"

They should fight behind the KFC next.. Winner gets the coupons..

And Jones whipped that dude too LOL. Fat and in Jeans.. But Dat Shoe Toss..
DC is Jon's hero. He knew after that shoe toss that he def needed to be on the stuff to have any shot.

Reyes 1,2,3

But having said that, I dont see the rematch playing out much differently. Reyes does well in the opening rounds, and Jones capitalizes on a fading opponent in the later rounds like he always does. Leading to the same discussion of people claiming Jones stole one of the earlier rounds.

To people saying John will win the rematch by tko lol Jones was in danger the first rounds.The mistake Reyes made is he didn’t stay calm when he got him hurt and picked his shots.He went on a wild flurry mode missing shots.Wich I think lead to his cardio being effected.

Get through the formality that the Anderson or Blachowicz fight will be, then bring in Reyes for episode II.

I think a rematch favors Jon, just because he now has a lot of material on a guy who had little film to study before this past fight. It's also a huge test though. If Jon loses or eeks out another victory, I think it might be time for him to go take a HW fight.

I should have been clearer - the steroid issues were incorporated in me referring to him slowing down. You make a very good point but I would argue that the head kick was more technical and strategic rather than just a flash lucky shot, that takes skill, distance management and timing.

I wasn't implying that it was a lucky shot. However, I don't consider every finish a domination. To me dominating implies something stronger, holding a clear advantage through all or most of the fight.

It's the perfect scenario for an immediate rematch.
The fight was so excellent, and the result so debated.

Dana should drop all that "Conor Khabib 2 next!" Bullshit and jump on the chance to sign the best championship rematch possible at this point in time.

And if marketed right, it could do big numbers
If I was Jones I would negotiate to get it on the same card as Usman vs Masvidal. Preferably International Fight Week. Get those ppv points.

The UFC has plenty of other options for June & August; Conor vs Justin or Nate 3, Volk, Nunes, Stipe/DC 3, Shevy, plus the 2 champs from ufc 247 could be ready by mid August(5+ months after fighting).

Im sure Reyes will need some time off to heal his legs...

If I was Jones I would negotiate to get it on the same card as Usman vs Masvidal. Preferably International Fight Week. Get those ppv points.

The UFC has plenty of other options for June & August; Conor vs Justin or Nate 3, Volk, Nunes, Stipe/DC 3, Shevy, plus the 2 champs from ufc 247 could be ready by mid August(5+ months after fighting).
My thoughts exactly. Make IFW feel gigantic

Rematch is the right call on this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back