Justice will be served: Jones wants REMATCH

The first immediate title fight rematch ever that i’m okay with

Jones by TKO, he will come out wrestling this time around
This time? He threw 9 take down attempts bud. They just weren't working. Not saying Jon can't improve on his performance as he's proven he can, but lets not try and rewrite history here Reyes was just shutting his grappling down and forced him to fight stand up.

JJ wins this imo even though he probably has slowed down.

We've seen him in two rematches (Gus and DC) and in both of those he came back the second time and dominated. Whether that's because of his (and his coaches) ability to make adjustments and analyse the opponent better or because he takes them more seriously, I think in either case he beats Reyes.

This is a fairly revisionary account of Jones' rematches. I don't remember him dominating Cormier in the rematch. He held his own against him until he scored a flash KO, then got suspended for juicing to fight a guy he had supposedly beaten when his t-levels were like a little girl's. You could say he "dominated" Gustafsson if that includes kneeing him in the goolies. Jones may well have been on PEDs for his entire career but those rematches are the fights we know he roided for. What chemical do you think he'll add to his arsenal for a Reyes rematch?

Why would you fight someone you beat twice?
uhhhhh

TO WIN THE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE??!?!

DNuxT61VAAAjoA3.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

giphy.gif

“The evidence was clear, all the scientific opinion that was presented to the independent arbitrator was clear - there was no intent to dope,” Tygart, USADA CEO
Jon has never done steroids and USADA cleared him. He still has those huge chicken tenders in the oven.

Okay, you must be trolling.

Although Reyes defended the take downs well, the wrestling took a big toll on his gas tank, Jones will exploit this. Will be a tough night for Reyes, he had his chance and fell short by the slightest margin, Jones by TKO in the rematch.

Just finished rewatching the fight. Still think reyes won 3-2. I think he definitely deserves a rematch.

Hopefully Reyes fights him like a man this time.

Jones is turning 33 and is demanding a rematch after winning a close fight. GSP retired at age 32 after a controversial decision against Hendricks avoiding a rematch at all costs. Jon “Bones” Jones GOAT.

One of the few times an immediate rematch seems like the right move. If they're both healthy, I could see it happening in late spring or early summer. Will probably do big numbers too. Jones by TKO in the 4th or 5th.

Does anyone care about Corey Anderson or Jan fighting Jones? Jon will be champion forever with that kind of competition.

The Reyes fight was fun and it was close enough where a rematch is warranted.

This is a fairly revisionary account of Jones' rematches. I don't remember him dominating Cormier in the rematch. He held his own against him until he scored a flash KO, then got suspended for juicing to fight a guy he had supposedly beaten when his t-levels were like a little girl's. You could say he "dominated" Gustafsson if that includes kneeing him in the goolies. Jones may well have been on PEDs for his entire career but those rematches are the fights we know he roided for. What chemical do you think he'll add to his arsenal for a Reyes rematch?
I should have been clearer - the steroid issues were incorporated in me referring to him slowing down. You make a very good point but I would argue that the head kick was more technical and strategic rather than just a flash lucky shot, that takes skill, distance management and timing. The Gus rematch I remember him not having any problems even before the supposed goolies shot? I only watched it once so perhaps you remember it better.

In any case, that's just my opinion that he'll come back better, I guess time will only tell.

what about Machida - Shogun 2? Shogun was robbed in that first fight and certainly deserved the rematch.

jones win easily this time but haters still cling to the first match anyway and probably say jones was on the juice for the rematch

I ageee Jones handily wins the rematch by spectacular finish...
<JonesDXSuckIt>
but... we find out it was TurniBones who showed up and dismantled Reyes... USADA and UFC scrambles for excuses, I mean answers...

meanwhile
<mma1>
<36>

How much can Reyes improve on cardio between now and rematch? If Reyes starts fight slower it could be worse for him. I feel his best chance is to take Jones out early. Jones always does better in the rematch. Reyes did great with the lateral movement, he could win a rematch if he could keep that pace for five rounds, I just don't see his cardio improving that much by the time of rematch.

Healthy Santos should get the next title shot.

Healthy Santos should get the next title shot.
Nah cant do that. He needs to get at least another win. Hes been gone and stuff has happened without him.

Pretty sure he did not fight HW champchamp DC,playboy

3 times including the presser.. DC could not even beat Jones with buckets of Chicken in his belly wearing Jeans. But he did throw a shoe at him..

Jones by TKO, he will come out wrestling this time around
He tried wrestling and it didn't work. He's not the same fighter anymore.

Back