Just when we thought the Brazilians would take over here come the Americans!! USA!!!!

Very unlikely Cochise. You lost all credibility with the Khabib prediction.

Its unlikely but every one individually is possible, amd khabib beating pettis is much more likely than say TJ Dillashaw beating Barao...there are lws I think khabib would struggle with, but pettis isnt one of them

Yes u fkn do, you're American after all.
Would u be equally as excited (or even proud) if the majority of champs were Brazilian?
I bet your favorite fighters are all American yankee doodle lol

Stop believing your ignorance. Many Americans would love see all Brazilian champs. Tons of Americans loved Pride and hated the ufc at one point. If the sterotypes about Americans were true then Pride would have recieved no love from from the states. Think about it.

When it comes to 1on1 fighting I like to view fighters of their real ethnicity not where they were born ... So I view pettis as a Puerto Rican. Jones as African. Cain Mexican. Mm is black. Only true American champ is the newyorker weidman. People like hendo are true Americans.

These threads always bring out the best in Sherdog.

These threads are stupid most brazilian fighters in the UFC train in the US and also some of the fighters those champions spar/train with are non-american.

We all thought the two countries with the likeliest bet of winning all belts in each division was between America and Brazil. Well now we have

Hw champ- Cain (USA)
LHW champ-Jones (USA)
MW champ-Weidman (USA)
WW champ-Hendricks (USA)
LW champ-Pettis (USA)
FW champ- Aldo (Brazil)
BW champ-Dillashaw (USA)
FLW champ-MM (USA)
Women's BW champ- Rousey (USA)
1 more belt and USA will have the first clean sweep of all belts. That's amazing!! And there are a couple of American fighters that will face Aldo soon...

Actually it won't be America's first clean sweep. 2006-

LW-Sherk
WW-Hughes
MW-Franklin
LHW-Liddell
HW-Sylvia

I'm sure there were more prior, but I'm just going by when they reinstated the lightweight division.

When it comes to 1on1 fighting I like to view fighters of their real ethnicity not where they were born ... So I view pettis as a Puerto Rican. Jones as African. Cain Mexican. Mm is black. Only true American champ is the newyorker weidman. People like hendo are true Americans.
What kind of racist bullshit is this?

"Just when we thought the Brazilians would take over "

What idiot thought that?

lol Brazil never would take over, americans always had the edge in everything, just not the best fighter in each division for some time.

So why don't you consider Weidman a European champion?

Pettis is Puerto Rican? You know there are no native Peurto Ricans left, they were exterminated by the Spaniards. Pettis is probably mostly Spaniard blood, making him also European. Probably the same for Cain. Do you consider Anderson Silva an African champion?

Having wrestling in the public schools beginning at 6th grade gives the USA a major advantage. With the exception of Pettis, the rest of the USA champs are wrestling-based.

You do realise most of these if not all of these fighters are not Americans, right?

They just live in the shithole.

You do realize most of this if not all of this comment is retarded, right?

Back