Just watched the Ronda/Bethe fight.....

TdotK

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Are you guys kidding me? That's her new and improved stand up? She would get MAULED by Cyborg. Call me a hater, blah blah blah. I'm not being blinded by Zuffa or the fanboys. She has pitiful stand up striking, and leaves her chin WIDE OPEN.

Cyborg would kick her ass from pillar to post.

Are you guys kidding me? That's her new and improved stand up? She would get MAULED by Cyborg. Call me a hater, blah blah blah. I'm not being blinded by Zuffa or the fanboys. She has pitiful stand up striking, and leaves her chin WIDE OPEN.

Hah, because MMA = striking only? Cyborg gets subbed like a scrub in under 2 mins

Lol Cris's striking is marching forward throwing looping hooks using volume to overwhelm. Cris has no clean ko's, and is fighting much smaller, part time fighters. Plus, she does it in an org that only uses fight night urinalysis.

Lol Cris's striking is marching forward throwing looping hooks using volume to overwhelm. Cris has no clean ko's, and is fighting much smaller, part time fighters. Plus, she does it in an org that only uses fight night urinalysis.

Aside from the part in bold (in UFC they just learn to cycle), how is it any different than Ronda's opponents/fights?

I know for a fact that you have never watched Cyborg fight after that terrible post.

Ronda beats Cyborg. Typical dumb ass Weidman fan.

Well as soon as Cyborg makes the weight, we'll find out.

Does it really matter how good her striking is if the air pressure from her strikes is powerful enough to concuss her opponents?

That's her new and improved stand up? She would get MAULED by Cyborg.
You're assuming she would fight Cyborg the way she fought Bethe.
Which is completely retarded (pardon my french).

Were you thinking "Haha, Fedor always keeps his hands down. Crocop's gonna KO that fool." while watching Fedor vs Nog 1 back in 2003?

Different opponents, different approaches.

Be careful TS, Ronda's fans are angry like her when Cyborg's name comes up....

Inb4 steroids

How many threads about Ronda are you going to make today?

Aside from the part in bold (in UFC they just learn to cycle), how is it any different than Ronda's opponents/fights?

Umm.. Rondas opponents aren't 6-5 or 8-11, they aren't 40 years old and actually had experience in some form of fighting prior to doing MMA

Also, how are you still not banned? Are you paying off the mods?

You're assuming she would fight Cyborg the way she fought Bethe.
Which is completely retarded (pardon my french).

Were you thinking "Haha, Fedor always keeps his hands down. Crocop's gonna KO that fool." while watching Fedor vs Nog 1 back in 2003?

Different opponents, different approaches.

bbbbut you are French?!

Sounds like you're describing Ronda

This seems rather hypocritical to me...

Cyborg KO's people in a division with ultra weak striking = She's a great striker

Rousey KO's people in a division with slighty better striking = She's a rubbish striker exploiting a weak division

The reality is both are exploiting a weakness in their division standing to dominate with less than great striking themselves. The difference is that Royse also has excellent grappling and uses it to beat fighters who are at least decent grapplers.

A male version of Rousey skill wise at 135lbs would still be a credible fighter if likely not at the very top, a male version of Cyborg at 145lbs would be a journeyman at best and probably never make the UFC, her ex husband was technically way superior to her.

36 year old 139lb Yoko Takahashi went to a decision with Cyborg
Hitomi Akano held a belt at 128 in Japan. Cris came in at 151lb, tried to cheat the scales, and Akano still went to round 3.
Cuddles Finney is 8-11. Muxlaw is 6-5 and a part time fighter, full time fitness instructor. Tweet was 6-3, part time fighter. Hiroko Yamanaka is as unathletic as they get, Cris needed roids.

36 year old 139lb Yoko Takahashi went to a decision with Cyborg
Hitomi Akano held a belt at 128 in Japan. Cris came in at 151lb, tried to cheat the scales, and Akano still went to round 3.
Cuddles Finney is 8-11. Muxlaw is 6-5 and a part time fighter, full time fitness instructor. Tweet was 6-3, part time fighter. Hiroko Yamanaka is as unathletic as they get, Cris needed roids.

Tweet was 6-4

Hey! That's what passes for technical striking in a women's MMA bout. We just saw the women's equivalent to Leonard/Hearns I.

I feel Cyborg has no chance against Rousey.
Rhonda if she so chose, could take Cyborg's arm home with her.

Back