Just Watched the Hardy Fight

PRIDE would've matched Hardy with a WW Japanese masked wrestler. PRIDE knew how to sell a freak show.

He's 4-1
Why should he be fighting "legitimate" opponents when he himself isn't legitimate
He's fighting who he should be fighting

I understand he's experiencing his amateur career largly in the UFC because he is somewhat famous.

When are we gonna get a real test for Hardy?

That is my question. We have seen him crush cans.

Are you serious? GSP fought for the title in his 8th fight. Fought
Karo who was a top contender in his 6th fight and 1st UFC fight.

Don't give me this BS that GSP fought cans for 10+ fights.

With out even checking fight finder I am pretty sure GSP and JBJ fought guys signed to the UFC and not some randoms signed just to fight them..

edit it seems GSP fought Matt Hughes in his 3 fight in the UFC.

Sherdog is silly, on the front page is a thread about how Hardy is getting fast tracked and an easy ride to the championship and thithis thread which is how Hardy is getting cans and babied to the championship. Amazing how multiple people can see the same thing from different perspectives.

When you are signed to the UFC, you should fight UFC fighters NOT guys they pick up just to fight you.
Here. This is my issue with hardy entirely. If you gonna grab a guy and instantly throw him on comain, I expect a comain quality matchup

Black Beast, FNG, Brock Lesnar...so many interesting matches...

This is everything wrong with mma. If we want to be legit we have to stop putting rookies against top fighters after one or two fights.

What's wrong with Sam's Club? Have you ever tried their pizza or hot dogs?

Yeah, no need to bash Sam's Club. Brett Rodgers used to change tires there and he almost beat Fedor. He also kicked his wife's ass so he and Hardy would be a good match.

Relax, it's his 2nd UFC fight.

Do you expect them to give him a top 10 opponent right away?
Like Ragin Al just said, if you are the co main you should be fighting a co main fighter.

It’s card placement and the push, you can push the guy, he has the football background and that draws some interest but it made for an extra uneventful co-main which sometimes happens with legit matchups.
Also, I could care less what the guy used to do for a living, I find the fanfare and backstory tedious across the board.
He probably isn’t ready for a top ten but if thats the case then he isn’t ready for the co-main spot. But you can’t knock the guy for taking advantage of the opportunity.
He should fight the big baby Albini, if he is still around.

Back