Just watched Shutter Island again.

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Don't know why it gets so much hate. I think its a great film. My boy Leo is great in it and course the fucking Ruff doin his thing and BK is great too.

Kingsley and Von Sydow OWN that scene where exposition regarding the disappearance is given. Great performances from both and both end up being very ominous for different reasons. Von Sydow's character of course has that look and feel of malevolence about him but Kingsley has that under-the-surface menace. Always loved that moment where Kingsley confronts DiCaprio and says something to the effect of, "I've made something of value here that I don't intend to give up without a fight..."

DiCaprio and Ruffalo are, as they are in most rolesl, awesome in it. Also awesome to see strong character actors like John Carol Lynch, Jackie Earle Haley, and the man Elias "Casey Jones" Koteas.

Don't see any real issue with the film. To me it's like a Hitchcockian Scorsese film. It's thoroughly involving and has great atmosphere. I definitely recommend that one.

Shutter Island > Inception

Also don’t know why this movie doesn’t get more love. It’s a real good one.

One of my few movies i gave a perfect 10

I've only seen it once but I thought it was great....

Yeah I liked Shutter Island tbh

Shutter Island > Inception

Also don’t know why this movie doesn’t get more love. It’s a real good one.

Interesting comparison there are similarities with Leos story arch with his wife in both. I personally like both for different reasons.

I can hear Kingsley saying “Marshall” as I read this thread.

Someone told me if I've seen Primal Fear I've seen Shutter Island? So I never bothered.

It felt slow at some points I remember I got bored the first time but then when I managed to finish it I actually really liked it

Tempted to go watch it again now...very solid film.

I actually prefer Scorcese's dark thrillers rather than his gangster stuff.

This is such a great movie. Like naithe rooster said much b get than inception. Marty is a much better director after all

I've never seen this film get shit on?

It's fucking great, one of my favourite di caprio movies

"She wanted me to pull out my thing so she could laugh at it..."

One of the last movies I bothered going to see in a theater. Great movie.

Back