Just watched Notorious for the first time

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Kenny Florian made a post recently about Conor having a terrible knee injury leading up to the Chad fight

Which led me to watch Notorious just to get some context

Pretty good documentary tbh.

Dude didn't train any wrestling for his entire camp, had a blown ACL and fought the best wrestler In the division on 2 weeks notice..still fought, overcame adversity both during the camp and the fight and managed to get the KO. Was some lowkey warrior shit overall quite honestly.

Much shit as Conor gets, dude Is a real fighter. I think there's a reason why he's so respected amongst so many fighters, celebrities and public figures.

For me both as a martial artist and a fan of martial arts, It's very hard to not respect that kind of mentality In a fighter and human.

hit it up on netflix. Whether you like or dislike him, It's a good watch

Last edited:
tumblr_nixapdSjIN1renuivo1_500.gif

Just giving my honest opinion on what I seen.

Although I understand any opinion of Conor that paints him In a positive light makes one a nuthugger on these boards. Regardless of how factual It may be.

It is what it is.

ITT:

giphy.gif

It's a good documentary and OP gives his honest take on it.

But some haters are just completely blinded by salt.

chad had no camp at all so it kinda nullifies the conor no wrestling camp

Having no camp affects his cardio in the later rounds, it doesn't affect his lifelong wrestling ability in the first round, ability which Conor didn't/couldn't train against.

unbelievable how underrated a world class fighter like Conor is on here

He is a great fighter, but since winning his first title he became an insufferable diva.

What you ca insufferable Diva, i call securing his financial future for his family for generations to come.

And just like he didn't care to defend his titles I don't have to care about his financial wits. I am a fan of MMA, not Shark Tank.

20150710052943_6DX_0182.JPG

Mendes came in looking shredded in sure he was in decent shape and hadn't just spent 3 months on the sofa.

And just like he didn't care to defend his titles I don't have to care about his financial wits. I am a fan of MMA, not Shark Tank.
It doesn’t matter how you get a lot of money. The challenge is holding onto it. That money is not going to sustain his family for generations.

ITT:

giphy.gif

It's a good documentary and OP gives his honest take on it.

But some haters are just completely blinded by salt.
It's funny, because BOTH of you deny you are Fanboys.....

Last edited:
If he had a "blown ACL" why did he not have surgery afterwards but instead fight the biggest fight of his career (to that point) just five months later? You can't just naturally fix a "blown ACL" and resume like nothing happened.

Kenny Florian made a post recently about Conor having a terrible knee injury leading up to the Chad fight

Which led me to watch Notorious just to get some context

Pretty good documentary tbh.

Dude didn't train any wrestling for his entire camp, had a blown ACL and fought the best wrestler In the division on 2 weeks notice..still fought, overcame adversity both during the camp and the fight and managed to get the KO. Was some lowkey warrior shit overall quite honestly.

Much shit as Conor gets, dude Is a real fighter. I think there's a reason why he's so respected amongst so many fighters, celebrities and public figures.

For me both as a martial artist and a fan of martial arts, It's very hard to not respect that kind of mentality as a fighter and human.

hit it up on netflix. Whether you like or dislike him, It's a good watch
So let me get this straight. You made a thread saying Khabib is over-rated. Now this one for Conor, and you still claim to be unbiased?
How?

Back