Just Watched Jones Vs. Reyes

This is retarded. If you win 3 rounds you win the fight. That's the rules...

Winning rounds is subjective. Always has been.

Do you want some old school. OK Muhammad Ali faced Ken Norton three times in his career. A lot of people to this day believe Ken Norton won all three. Like I said subjective.

Texas hasn’t adopted the new judging criteria. So octagon control, aggression, pressure etc. count equally as damage.

Jones was aware of this and pressured Reyes the whole time. Reyes’s gameplan didn’t take that into account.

That's ridiculas. Jones wasn't "Aware" of any rules.

It was a close fight. I would have called it a draw. Hope they do it again. Soon.

Texas hasn’t adopted the new judging criteria. So octagon control, aggression, pressure etc. count equally as damage.

Jones was aware of this and pressured Reyes the whole time. Reyes’s gameplan didn’t take that into account.
Lol BS

What's ridiculous about it?

Jones wasn't AWARE of any rules. He did not use his awareness to come forward for an easy victory.

Jones got his ass kicked. He was out boxed all night long. Reyes won 3/5 rounds. Those judges robbed him. A bigger robbery than Gustaffson. a Uni-D roberry.

Jones wasn't AWARE of any rules. He did not use his awareness to come forward for an easy victory.

Jones got his ass kicked. He was out boxed all night long. Reyes won 3/5 rounds. Those judges robbed him. A bigger robbery than Gustaffson. a Uni-D roberry.

when exactly does octagon control come into play?

Hmmmm... you seem to be confused. Allow me to explain better.

First I should start off by saying I agree Reyes should of won but he was screwed over by the Texas Commission's outdated rule system.

There are two rules rule sets for MMA.

The original rule set forward pressure, octagon control, take downs, and etc. were all equally weighed as damage as scoring criteria. The issue was this that people starting using the rules to game the system. They started point fighting rather attempting to deal damage.

So in 2016 the new unified rules were proposed and out into effect across the country. In this newer rule set damage/attempting to finish the fight was the primary criteria for judging a fight. In this new rule set forward pressure, octagon control, take downs, and etc. only came into play when the damage done was equal.

However since athletic commissions are run state by state, certain states didn't adopt the new rule system. Texas being one of those states.

Reyes gameplan was based on the new unfied rules which used by most states. Jon's gameplan was based on the outdated ruleset used by Texas.

Reyes was screwed because Texas uses an outdated judging system. There should be a rematch. And no more title shots should be had in Texas.

In this video Luke Thomas will explain what I'm talking about in detail. This should clarify any further confusion you have. The video should be time stamped for the 9 minute mark

Hmmmm... you seem to be confused. Allow me to explain better.

First I should start off by saying I agree Reyes should of won but he was screwed over by the Texas Commission's outdated rule system.

There are two rules rule sets for MMA.

The original rule set forward pressure, octagon control, take downs, and etc. were all equally weighed as damage as scoring criteria. The issue was this that people starting using the rules to game the system. They started point fighting rather attempting to deal damage.

So in 2016 the new unified rules were proposed and out into effect across the country. In this newer rule set damage/attempting to finish the fight was the primary criteria for judging a fight. In this new rule set forward pressure, octagon control, take downs, and etc. only came into play when the damage done was equal.

However since athletic commissions are run state by state, certain states didn't adopt the new rule system. Texas being one of those states.

Reyes gameplan was based on the new unfied rules which used by most states. Jon's gameplan was based on the outdated ruleset used by Texas.

Reyes was screwed because Texas uses an outdated judging system. There should be a rematch. And no more title shots should be had in Texas.

In this video Luke Thomas will explain what I'm talking about in detail. This should clarify any further confusion you have. The video should be time stamped for the 9 minute mark

I am not confused. You are saying Jones was AWARE of these archaic rules and used that AWARENESS to plod forward for a win.

The facts are he was constantly outboxed on the feet WHILE COMING FORWARD. This was a judges robbery plain and simple. Anyone can see that.

Back