Just Watched Jones Vs. Reyes

reigning terroe

Superintendent Skinner
@Brown
Reaction score
I’m a big Jon Jones fan, I knew he’d be champ after seeing him live when he smashed Vera in Broomfield and enjoyed his first title defense against Page in Denver.

That being said, how was that not an obvious 48-47 for Reyes? That was more clear cut than Henry dethroning MM. But Jones is more popular than MM, which leads me to believe some UFC decisions are fixed. That’s why Dana says don’t leave it in the hands of the judges. They can’t fix obvious 1 sided beatings but if the champ or cash cow can win at least two rounds they get the decision

That’s with his pulse and eye attacks too!

That being said, how was that not an obvious 48-47 for Reyes?

Texas hasn’t adopted the new judging criteria. So octagon control, aggression, pressure etc. count equally as damage.

Jones was aware of this and pressured Reyes the whole time. Reyes’s gameplan didn’t take that into account.

fix is obvious
Are you saying you sincerely think it was fixed? Or just venting?

Dom 48-47 makes total sense, as does 48-47 Jon. Very close fight, so close in fact that it defaulted to "what do you look for more?" In 2 rounds.

No fix

I’m a big Jon Jones fan, I knew he’d be champ after seeing him live when he smashed Vera in Broomfield and enjoyed his first title defense against Page in Denver.

That being said, how was that not an obvious 48-47 for Reyes? That was more clear cut than Henry dethroning MM. But Jones is more popular than MM, which leads me to believe some UFC decisions are fixed. That’s why Dana says don’t leave it in the hands of the judges. They can’t fix obvious 1 sided beatings but if the champ or cash cow can win at least two rounds they get the decision
Ive heard that you have to TAKE it from the champ in boxing. It is what it is but after reyes and silva, jones has to be on his shit or i doubt another will go his way. We've already seen him exposed as not superhuman

Bro your two events too late, I’m tired of these I just watched blah blah. No one gives a damn , we already discussed it .

3 separate warning to Jon for extending his fingers to eye poke, 2 of those in the first round.

At what point does Jon get a point deducted for shit he's known for doing?

I'd love for a fighter to say to Jon in a pre fight press conference that if he pokes his eyes, he will bite Jon's fuckin nose off.

Jon is lucky to have his belt after the Reyes fight.

I guess walking forward into exchanges he usually lost counts as "octagon control" these days.

It is good. Santos and Reyes both have motivation now to improve. Get better and be the best in the world. If you cannot beat the best in the world. Then you are not the best in the world.

Simple math really. You want that fucking gold belt buddy? THEN GO OUT THERE AND MURDER THAT FUCKING GUY HOLDING YOUR BELT! Otherwise don't bother..

Reyes and Santos know now what they need to do. Go that extra mile and get the job done and quit slacking. Ain't gonna be the champ unless you whoop the champs ass all over that cage. Henry was lucky he got the strap off Mightymouse. Majority of the time the champ keeps his belt in a close fight! Most of the time you need more then the luck of the draw to win. You need to kick some serious ass to win a decision against a champion. like 25 minutes of embarrassment. If there is any doubt then your not gonna win.

All that money invested into bringing Jones back

I expect nothing less

It is good. Santos and Reyes both have motivation now to improve. Get better and be the best in the world. If you cannot beat the best in the world. Then you are not the best in the world.

Simple math really. You want that fucking gold belt buddy? THEN GO OUT THERE AND MURDER THAT FUCKING GUY HOLDING YOUR BELT! Otherwise don't bother..

Reyes and Santos know now what they need to do. Go that extra mile and get the job done and quit slacking. Ain't gonna be the champ unless you whoop the champs ass all over that cage. Henry was lucky he got the strap off Mightymouse. Majority of the time the champ keeps his belt in a close fight! Most of the time you need more then the luck of the draw to win. You need to kick some serious ass to win a decision against a champion. like 25 minutes of embarrassment. If there is any doubt then your not gonna win.
I pretty much agree. I think Reyes won three rounds to two, but that drop off in the output......it likely save JJ from the loss.

This is retarded. If you win 3 rounds you win the fight. That's the rules...

I believe Jones won his fight against Gus and I also believe he won the Santos fight but he did not win this fight though, it was a close one but I gave it to Reyes 48-47.
I'm not a judge though, so sorry Dom....better luck next time.
Hopefully we get the rematch next, that or Jones moves up and tests the water at HW.

Lol ts, it's MMA judging. Don't worry, not the first,not the last

Back