Just watched Jones vs Hamill for the first time

I'm ok with the DQ, because that was ridiculous, 3 or 4 absolutely illegal elbows. An UFC fighter needs to know the rules, that can't happen.
The fact that the fight could have been stopped before the elbows shouldn't change it, because the ref thought it shouldn't when it happened.
Anyway, if you're just saying that the fight should have been stopped earlier, you have a point and I might even agree with you. But if you're saying that the illegal elbows should have been ignored because in your opinion Hammil was already done, then I disagree.

I'm ok with the DQ, because that was ridiculous, 3 or 4 absolutely illegal elbows. An UFC fighter needs to know the rules, that can't happen.
The fact that the fight could have been stopped before the elbows shouldn't change it, because the ref thought it shouldn't when it happened.
Anyway, if you're just saying that the fight should have been stopped earlier, you have a point and I might even agree with you. But if you're saying that the illegal elbows should have been ignored because in your opinion Hammil was already done, then I disagree.

Hamill was done before illegal elbows. Those were just unnecessary punishment for Hamill. Bad reffing and bad luck for Jones. Jones even looked at Maz saying don't you stop this.

That's why you should always cheat in an MMA fight. Probably nothing will happen to you, if it does you can probably keep fighting and go for the finish, and if you get it everyone will forget about the cheating you did earlier, unless you cheat DURING the finish, in which case everyone will pretty much ignore it unless it gets you DQ'd, and even then a bunch of people will argue that either the DQ call or the rule itself is bullshit.

Lol at the ref for keep asking Hamill if he was alright

lol that was pretty awesome to watch
And on the fight anyone who watched it knows jones won the fight, rules r rules tho he got the L, but I don't personally consider it a loss n im sure hamill doesn't consider it a win

Hamill was done before illegal elbows. Those were just unnecessary punishment for Hamill. Bad reffing and bad luck for Jones. Jones even looked at Maz saying don't you stop this.

Yeah, I see you point now and I get it, it could have been stopped before. But it wasn't and then Jones absolutely broke the rules, so...

Hammil beat fair him and square

#hammerTRUECHAMP

deal-with-it72.gif

That's why you should always cheat in an MMA fight. Probably nothing will happen to you, if it does you can probably keep fighting and go for the finish, and if you get it everyone will forget about the cheating you did earlier, unless you cheat DURING the finish, in which case everyone will pretty much ignore it unless it gets you DQ'd, and even then a bunch of people will argue that either the DQ call or the rule itself is bullshit.

Exactly, I talk about this all the time. MMA rules are too subjective, we never know what's gonna happen because it seems that it's not about the rules, it's about what each ref would do.
The fighters are always testing the refs.

tried to check what he could get away with. ok, can't 12 to 6 elbow. uncheck from list! whoa, they won't do shit when i eye poke. check and circle on list!

tried to check what he could get away with. ok, can't 12 to 6 elbow. uncheck from list! whoa, they won't do shit when i eye poke. check and circle on list!

in the words of an 18th century American colonists, "Here Here"

Man, Hamill was already done before illegal elbow. Mazagatti sucks huge d.... He must be sleeping during that time. It could have been TKO for Jones.

Jones record is perfect.

It ain't.

It kinda sucks. His record at a glance would have looked unbelievably good without that DQ. It still looks great but that DQ in the middle just doesn't look right.

Theres always a bias towards the reigning champion, and Gustaffson knew he would not get the decision. If Gus had been the champion, he would have probably retained the title, and people would say a late hailmary elbow is nice but not enough to win the championship.

Imo it was a legit loss. Hamill tricked Jones in believing that those elbows were legal.

Back