Just watched Conors 2 losses and get the feeling Nate can submit him.

I just watched anderson silva's early losses and feel like demian maia can sub him.

He could, that's why Anderson wanted nothing to do with him on the ground.

if it goes to 3 or 4 I do think that Nate will win via sub.

Conor will be frustrated and gassing trying to punch Nate for 3 - 4 rounds and it will be easier to take Conor down.
if he is down its all over

Do you realize that those loses were a long long time ago?

The Conor of that time would have been destroyed by Mendes and Aldo.
Eh dude always had great stand up, can always land the killer blow but yea his ground game was weak as fuck. Only person to really test it though is mendes, it makes you wonder if he can up against a full camp khabib if he wouldn't get rag dolled for 25 minutes.

I really want to see how much his ground game has improved though.

watch heaps of nates losses and see how Conor will ko him inside 1

Eh dude always had great stand up, can always land the killer blow but yea his ground game was weak as fuck. Only person to really test it though is mendes, it makes you wonder if he can up against a full camp khabib if he wouldn't get rag dolled for 25 minutes.

I really want to see how much his ground game has improved though.

dont think we will be able to see it soon.
RDA would be one of them but he pulled out and it is not Conors foult nor is RDA's if he is injured.
considering all circumstances they are doing very wise decisions to let the fire burn.

believe me , he will fall soon,maybe sooner than expected.

Both losses were relatively quick- both 1st rd submissions, and neither Duffy or Sitenkov are anywhere near Nate in terms of BJJ skill.

I see Nate winning by submission but not as quickly as the other 2 did just because I see him wanting to stand and trade with Conor. I feel Conor will end up landing better strikes and late into fight, probably round 3 or 4 , that Nate will go for a submission and secure the victory.
Conor was 4-2 after the second submission loss. I believe he was a white belt back then, just like you. Conor is now a Brown belt in BJJ and sitting at 19-2. Those fights were a Loooong time ago.

I just watched anderson silva's early losses and feel like demian maia can sub him.
Maia can submit anyone on any given night, he's that good on the ground. Silva did lose to Chonan in pride....lol

I just watched a vid of conors 12th bitrhday party. He looks very small, I think nate dwarfs him.

A submission win is definitely the best plan for Diaz in my opinion.

We all know Nate got this gig because Khabib, Alvarez and Ferguson are good wrestlers. Nate is arguably the worst wrestler in the top 10, possibly the worst wrestler of his generation at lightweight.

So there won't be any Chad Mendes style take downs. Nate doesn't have the technique or physicality to get him down with a single or double of any variant. He has some pretty sleek judo, especially against the cage.

I'd say Nate would do good pulling out some judo when its least expected - we all know Nate wants to brawl, so he may use the element of surprise to his advantage. The other option is take some super sloppy shots to lock up, get reversed and land Conor in his guard.

Nate hasn't been sparring and is coming off the couch, I don't think we see the same level of cardio we saw against Johnson and others. He isn't going to win by swarming late, and I think he gets KO'd dead if they stand and exchange long enough. Conor has unforgiving power and only needs to land one. He's sharp and well prepared and Diaz is on late notice.

Getting to the ground by any means will be a huge factor in Nate having a real chance to stop Conor. Easier said than done.
MSkysxM.gif

If Nate has a chance to win this fight it is by submission, that's for sure. But in order to do that he has to drag the fight to the 5th round, where both guys would be exhausted, especially at this weight. It ain't going to be easy.

Connor was the very definition of a fish out of water against a two week Mendes, I agree he has improved in his ground game, but let's be real, if the fight does end up going to the ground, regardless of who's on top, nate is going to have the advantage
See holloway fight for conors top game, remember that mendes couldnt sub conor with his pride and joy guillotine submission, and then come back and talk

If Nate has a chance to win this fight it is by submission, that's for sure. But in order to do that he has to drag the fight to the 5th round, where both guys would be exhausted, especially at this weight. It ain't going to be easy.
why would the be more exhausted because they r cutting less weight? u on crack boy

Did you watch Anderson Silva's first two loses and think Bisping would sub him too? derp

Yeah it's Diaz best chance but was eons ago.

Did you watch Anderson Silva's first two loses and think Bisping would sub him too? derp

Yeah it's Diaz best chance but was eons ago.
Diaz is tied for second in UFC history for most sub wins though too with 8. Conor may very well set a ko record before his career is over, but in the mean time I hope he's ready for Nate's ground game if it comes to that.

Conor was 4-2 after the second submission loss. I believe he was a white belt back then, just like you. Conor is now a Brown belt in BJJ and sitting at 19-2. Those fights were a Loooong time ago.
Lol a white belt just like me. Sure I'm just a white belt here on Sherdog because I've only posted so many messages. It's not the same as my actual BJJ belt I've earned where I train and compete.

Lol a white belt just like me. Sure I'm just a white belt here on Sherdog because I've only posted so many messages. It's not the same as my actual BJJ belt I've earned where I train and compete.
Sure it isn't. You seem to have a shallow understanding of how the learning process works. WB for sure.

Back