Just watched Conors 2 losses and get the feeling Nate can submit him.

RNC&Poke

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Both losses were relatively quick- both 1st rd submissions, and neither Duffy or Sitenkov are anywhere near Nate in terms of BJJ skill.

I see Nate winning by submission but not as quickly as the other 2 did just because I see him wanting to stand and trade with Conor. I feel Conor will end up landing better strikes and late into fight, probably round 3 or 4 , that Nate will go for a submission and secure the victory.

Nate's gonna give Conor a boxing lesson and Stockton slap him back to Ireland

Yeah it's the key to victory. But I think he'll stand and bang since that's the only thing he did in his last 4 fights.

LONG time ago man. Conor isn't the same fighter.

That being said, Nate's best chance likely IS getting this to the ground and going for broke on subs.

Both losses were relatively quick- both 1st rd submissions, and neither Duffy or Sitenkov are anywhere near Nate in terms of BJJ skill.

I see Nate winning by submission but not as quickly as the other 2 did just because I see him wanting to stand and trade with Conor. I feel Conor will end up landing better strikes and late into fight, probably round 3 or 4 , that Nate will go for a submission and secure the victory.
conor never trained bjj before those losses, he has improved a lot, if he had still those poor ground skills brandao and holloway would have submitted him, even chad

conor is a champion goddamnit! no respect!

conor never trained bjj before those losses, he has improved a lot, if he had still those poor ground skills brandao and holloway would have submitted him, even chad
Yeah cause brandao holloway and chad are on the level of Nate diaz jitz :eek:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you realize that those loses were a long long time ago?

The Conor of that time would have been destroyed by Mendes and Aldo.

Still Nates BJJ skills are superior to those you mentioned.

Connor was the very definition of a fish out of water against a two week Mendes, I agree he has improved in his ground game, but let's be real, if the fight does end up going to the ground, regardless of who's on top, nate is going to have the advantage

I just watched anderson silva's early losses and feel like demian maia can sub him.

Conor has a puncher's chance, but I fully expect Nate to win by decision or a sub from guard. This isn't some outlandish unlikely scenario; it's an appalling matchup for Conor.

Nate should have a big ground advantage. But not sure how he gets it there. His subs normally come from guys trying to take him down as they bail on the striking. I've never seen Nate shoot on someone and I don't see Conor ever looking to clinch where Nate could go for a trip. I think this will be a stand up war.

I think Conor is gonna tune him.

A submission win is definitely the best plan for Diaz in my opinion.

We all know Nate got this gig because Khabib, Alvarez and Ferguson are good wrestlers. Nate is arguably the worst wrestler in the top 10, possibly the worst wrestler of his generation at lightweight.

So there won't be any Chad Mendes style take downs. Nate doesn't have the technique or physicality to get him down with a single or double of any variant. He has some pretty sleek judo, especially against the cage.

I'd say Nate would do good pulling out some judo when its least expected - we all know Nate wants to brawl, so he may use the element of surprise to his advantage. The other option is take some super sloppy shots to lock up, get reversed and land Conor in his guard.

Nate hasn't been sparring and is coming off the couch, I don't think we see the same level of cardio we saw against Johnson and others. He isn't going to win by swarming late, and I think he gets KO'd dead if they stand and exchange long enough. Conor has unforgiving power and only needs to land one. He's sharp and well prepared and Diaz is on late notice.

Getting to the ground by any means will be a huge factor in Nate having a real chance to stop Conor. Easier said than done.

Conor has a puncher's chance, but I fully expect Nate to win by decision or a sub from guard. This isn't some outlandish unlikely scenario; it's an appalling matchup for Conor.
3 day camp against 3 months though, otherwise....

Hopefully. Nate had virtually no camp. He's ranked lower as well as the lower draw but been around the gamelonger than Conor. He's put his time in, but he's still a B level fighter. Would be nice if he can shock the world but I give Nate a 40% chance of wining this fight.

A submission win is definitely the best plan for Diaz in my opinion.

We all know Nate got this gig because Khabib, Alvarez and Ferguson are good wrestlers. Nate is arguably the worst wrestler in the top 10, possibly the worst wrestler of his generation at lightweight.

So there won't be any Chad Mendes style take downs. Nate doesn't have the technique or physicality to get him down with a single or double of any variant. He has some pretty sleek judo, especially against the cage.

I'd say Nate would do good pulling out some judo when its least expected - we all know Nate wants to brawl, so he may use the element of surprise to his advantage. The other option is take some super sloppy shots to lock up, get reversed and land Conor in his guard.

Nate hasn't been sparring and is coming off the couch, I don't think we see the same level of cardio we saw against Johnson and others. He isn't going to win by swarming late, and I think he gets KO'd dead if they stand and exchange long enough. Conor has unforgiving power and only needs to land one. He's sharp and well prepared and Diaz is on late notice.

Getting to the ground by any means will be a huge factor in Nate having a real chance to stop Conor. Easier said than done.
Excellent overview . The cardio is huge issue. No spin can change that.

Back