Just watched Chad Mendes vs Conor McGregor again

OneBoredColeman

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Holy shit, does anyone else think Chad actually did pretty well in this fight even though he fought on like 2 weeks notice?

I remember the fight being super one sided for Conor but honestly re-watching the fight, Chad did quite well against Conor and held his own and dominated him on the ground. Definitely got outclassed on the feet.

Conor looks clueless on the ground, I honestly think this is Diaz's winning ticket again, get Conor to the ground and he'll win.

You're just now realizing this? This is the very fight that exposed Conor's lack of heart and cardio and ground game. You should never need the Diaz fight to see McGregor's exposure. That was all crystal clear in the 2 week notice Mendes fight.

Mendes ragdolled Conor before he gassed. Only the delsusional nuthuggers deny it. Full camp Mendes stops McOverrated. Come at me Sherbro's.

Are you sure of that? Or are you trolling?

2mdp4ph.gif

giphy.gif

Fight%2BFinish%2BConor%2BMcGregor%2Bvs%2BChad%2BMendes.gif

Mendes ragdolled Conor before he gassed. Only the delsusional nuthuggers deny it. Full camp Mendes stops McOverrated. Come at me Sherbro's.
I would've strongly disagreed with you before rewatching the fight.. but now, I 100% believe that Chad with a full camp would've won against Conor.

Being gassed then losing is only an excuse thats acceptable for Conor on sherdog, doesnt work when it happens to a fighter conors facing, even if he only had 2 weeks to train for the fight with one week being media obligations

I would've strongly disagreed with you before rewatching the fight.. but now, I 100% believe that Chad with a full camp would've won against Conor.

Juice and he is done after the Edgar fight.

Put him against Conor now and he doesn't last any longer than others did at FW.

You're just now realizing this? This is the very fight that exposed Conor's lack of heart and cardio and ground game. You should never need the Diaz fight to see McGregor's exposure. That was all crystal clear in the 2 week notice Mendes fight.
off to a good start my man terry
giphy.gif

I remember the fight being super one sided for Conor but honestly re-watching the fight, Chad did quite well against Conor and held his own and dominated him on the ground. Definitely got outclassed on the feet.

I'm thought that was consensus on the fight? Chad was outpointing him and landed some nice shots on the ground until Conor stopped him.

maybe the Diaz hype has shifted the perception of the fight, but as a Conor's fan who doesn't come here too much, this is exactly how I remember it. It was still an impressive win to me and it's stupid to say it exposed Conor's lack of heart. He took a lot without breaking (or budging at all) in that fight.

I'm pretty certain that was consensus on the fight? Chad was outpointing him and landed some nice shots on the ground too until Conor stopped him.

If you mean by out pointing him using his wrestling then yes.

Conor hurt Mendes on the feet several times during the fight.

The same Mendes who popped for growth hormone releasing peptides? The guy caught cheating? That Mendes?

Just making sure we're all on the same page here

If you mean by out pointing him using his wrestling then yes.

also with gnp iirc, Conor took big elbows without flinching
I only watched it once though

Welcome to the world known as "unbiased" TS.

The only way you could remember that fight as one-sided is if you didn't watch it at all.

At one point, he was about to choke McGregor but he somehow wriggled out of it (through no skill or anything, just slithered out of his grasp). It would have been all over, had McGregor not been so lucky.

It wasn't onesided and McGregor didn't look good on the ground though he was able to avoid most of the heavy GNP shots if I recall correctly. Question is if a full camp Mendes with no PEDs will beat him, I'm guessing no.

Back