Just watched Birth of the dragon and now I am confused!!!

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
In movies, it depicts Wong Jack Man as a cheap dirty fighter who attacks Bruce Lee from behind after getting whooped. In this movie, Bruce Lee is a cocky asshole and Wong Jack Man is fighting for the honor of Kung Fu because he is worried that Bruce Lee is bringing a type of Kung Fu that hurts people as oppose to instill harmony.

Through out the movie, Wong Jack Man is a very polite and soft spoken dude who is very selfless and humble. While Bruce Lee has redeeming qualities but never the less he is depicted as a cocky asshole.

Anyways, I am confused about Wong Jack Man. I mean was the real WJM a cheap fighter or this humble monk looking for redemption and peace in America?

Wrong Jack Man kicked Bruce in the back. He beat him once....... He will beat him AGAIN!

I remember we watched the birth of a human child on VHS back in the 8th grade. right after, when all the placenta & shit gushed out, everyone freaked out - our teacher paused it, rewinded & played it back for us all to see while cracking up.

I remember we watched the birth of a human child on VHS back in the 8th grade. right after, when all the placenta & shit gushed out, everyone freaked out - our teacher paused it, rewinded & played it back for us all to see while cracking up.
Seeing that in person, you kind of lose the sexual attraction you once had...

Seeing that in person, you kind of lose the sexual attraction you once had...

CluelessWeeIndianspinyloach-size_restricted.gif

All these movies are based on bullshit. Even dragon, the Bruce Lee story was like 70% fictional.

Bruce was the man, but all the people around him have done such a shiity job in maintaining his true nature and preserving his legacy. Every other person who knew him seems to tell a different version of the same story.

Was a decent flick, had some good fight scenes.
CAEDA81F18F1F9B36CBD25ABA49A9D752EF3D175

All these movies are based on bullshit. Even dragon, the Bruce Lee story was like 70% fictional.

Bruce was the man, but all the people around him have done such a shiity job in maintaining his true nature and preserving his legacy. Every other person who knew him seems to tell a different version of the same story.

What story?

Was he a good guy or an egomaniacal asshole?

I don’t think he was fighting Bruce over what type of Kung Fu he taught. Pretty sure the monks didn’t like Bruce teaching it to Westerners

His gheri curl was amazing in Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story.

There's a fair bit in that movie that amazes me. Not least the fact they turned a real life weightlifting mishap into a fight for his life in the silly film.

Exciting timesThe Chinese are designing new and revolutionary things everyday.

@Banchan

It's like watching your favorite car get wrecked, they may be able to fix it up just like new, but the image is always there.....

They played that for us in a first aid class. There were three moms in the class. I turned directly around in my chair, stared at them each, and told them that they must be immortal.

I bet you if Bruce had chilled out on the crazy exercise regiment he would have lived to see 70.

Also this movie reeked of Chinese nationalism.

That movie absolutely sucked. Just forget you ever watched it.

One mod is a Bruce Lee historian. Ask him about WJM.

Back