Just turned on my PS4 Pro for the first time.

How did you like Death Stranding? I don't have a lot of time to play games these days unfortunately so I'm very picky about what I play. I usually love Kojima games but Death Stranding had very mixed reviews and I haven't tried it yet.
I like it. I find it really relaxing. You’ll either love it or hate it. Doesn’t seem to be much opinion in between on it lol I’ve put it and Shenmue 3 on the back burner for now though cause I want to get caught up on the other games I missed over the years. I tend to go through spurts during the year where I play games more often.

Except for start up, I barely hear my ps4. Most of my games are digital though, no idea if that makes a difference

Yes, it’s “jet engine loud.” There’s actually a class action lawsuit from PS4 Pro users who have lost their hearing.
Lol I didn’t think it would be necessary to explain I understood “jet engine” was obvious hyperbole. I just wondered if it was significantly louder than the base model.

I was playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and Witcher 3 recently, on PS4 pro, and I swore I was at an airport
and a plane was taking off.

Just for buying. If you bought, it's yours and you can download it anytime you want.

You're right about the download, they're huge as fuck.
I could have swore I saw an article recently saying re-download was not possible for some game where license suddenly ended.

I could have swore I saw an article recently saying re-download was not possible for some game where license suddenly ended.

The only game where that comes to mind is PT, which was only a demo anyway of a game that will never be made anyway.

Lol I didn’t think it would be necessary to explain I understood “jet engine” was obvious hyperbole. I just wondered if it was significantly louder than the base model.
After having both models, the answer is no.

I’ve owned a ps4 pro since launch and I can tell you right now the graphics are barely noticeable upgrade over a regular PS4.I’ve barely noticed improved performance either . Games like god of war and rdr2 , Spider-Man all play and look the same to me.

Actually what wowed me was my buddies Xbox x s or whatever.

Enjoy the console though it’s epic.
!

Does your TV support hdr and all that. I noticed mine wasn't amazing but I got a new TV since my old one was on its last legs and it made a huge difference. My old one didn't support all the display features. Also to TS heret is a list of games that are enhanced

https://www.gamesradar.com/ps4-pro-confirmed-games-list

Not all are..it's also pretty simple to install a new internal. I had a 2 tb ssd laying around that I installed and I'm good. I delete most games after I finish them not one for replaying.

Man, I'm really having a Lot of fun with horizon: zero Dawn. The Mish mash of caveman and sci fi tech is pretty neat.

Some games are 90 to over 100 GBs

But most are in the 40-70 range

I’ve heard they are really loud, is that true?

Well, I don't really get into these console wars cause I don't care and I think being loyal to companies is dumb and weak shit, BUT: yes, mine is very loud. My One X is quiet as a mouse, I don't think I've ever even heard it, while my Pro sounds like a jet taking off ALL the time. That being said, I think it really comes down to individual models. It's not a dealbreaker for me anyways, cause I only game with headphones on.

Just get an external hard drive. It's annoying to delete/reinstall games constantly. I haven't had any issues with mine.

Why are people constantly installing and uninstalling games? I have a few that I play frequently so those don’t leave the hard drive but I don’t really need instant access to the dozens of games I own.

I clear out old shit I don’t play anymore and have plenty of room for any new release. 1TB is plenty.

Why are people constantly installing and uninstalling games? I have a few that I play frequently so those don’t leave the hard drive but I don’t really need instant access to the dozens of games I own.

I clear out old shit I don’t play anymore and have plenty of room for any new release. 1TB is plenty.

Depends how much you bounce around between games, really. A lot of gamers do not focus on one game at a time and rarely finish them, so the library can stack up quickly, when you always crave something fresh and new. Especially with games as big as they are these days. What's the average size? About 40 gigs for the big boy games, give or take? Doesn't take much for the scatterbrain gamer to fill that space up. Then there are the ridiculously large games, like Halo 5, or RDR2, that eats a tenth of the 1TB HD alone.

It's not a problem I have, but I can certainly see others filling up 1TB rather quickly.

if youre into the Arkham style games.

Spiderman starts off like an Arkham style game which kind of annoyed me and made me stop playing it. Once you get upgraded though and get new moves it really develops it's own style that is a lot more fun to play.

I have 2 TB. I don't want to uninstall anything. I want to have the option of going back to almost any game I have in my library.

Imagine what PS5 game size will be like....
It’s ridiculous. A lot of the big online games like red dead and cod keep increasing in size every update. And the updates are like every few months or so.

Depends how much you bounce around between games, really. A lot of gamers do not focus on one game at a time and rarely finish them, so the library can stack up quickly, when you always crave something fresh and new. Especially with games as big as they are these days. What's the average size? About 40 gigs for the big boy games, give or take? Doesn't take much for the scatterbrain gamer to fill that space up. Then there are the ridiculously large games, like Halo 5, or RDR2, that eats a tenth of the 1TB HD alone.

It's not a problem I have, but I can certainly see others filling up 1TB rather quickly.
I only have 400 gigs on my ps4 lol. Red dead and battlefront make up over half.

Back