Just turned on my PS4 Pro for the first time.

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Finally, after nearly six years since playing any console, I've hooked up my PS4 Pro and now downloading updates to the system and games I've bought.

Some questions that popped in my head -

Is 1TB going to be enough to download updates/patches for 20+ games I plan on playing?

Anyone have any problems with the expandable harddrives

Saw Witcher 3 is on sale on PSN for $15, how does it play on Ps4 Pro as compared to PC? If its all on a harddrive does it load faster compared to having the disc inserted?

What other single-player games only available on PSN do you guys recommend?

How often is it recommended to clean a PS4 Pro, what tutorials on YouTube should I follow step-by-step?

Is the PS4 Pro build-quality better than the Ps3 & XBox360? I ask because I went through three XBox360s and two Ps3s, and now have figured out its because of their build quality and the fact I never cleaned them.

Thoughts?

idk man I think gta 5 is fucking like 120gbs , some games are 20-60 gbs , but the nicer rpgs are in the triple digits

Witcher 3 is not my cup of tea, but it's clearly an amazing game and many of my friends love it.

There are a bunch of good games to get, like God of War.

But my only MUST BUY is Bloodborne. Its my favourite game of all time. Its hard, but incredible.

Witcher 3 is not my cup of tea, but it's clearly an amazing game and many of my friends love it.

Got it on my laptop, but its been having alot of problems lately.

It truly is a GOAT game.

But my only MUST BUY is Bloodborne. Its my favourite game of all time. Its hard, but incredible.

Got it, and looking forward to playing it.

Got it on my laptop, but its been having alot of problems lately.

It truly is a GOAT game.

Got it, and looking forward to playing it.
I've got Witcher on PS4 (not pro) and it runs really well. That said, I've only put maybe 10 hours in, maybe even less. So your mileage may vary.

1tb seems low

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=seagate+4tb&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

i have the one with the blue sides that says ps4 compatible, but it was cheaper like the all black one. the difference may be as simple as it coming in the right format right out the box.

works great, all my games are on there. ps4 is silent and doesn't get hot. sometimes you have to unplug and plug it back in after you first startup the ps4 but that's like a 15 second inconvenience

I thought about taping some sheer fabric over air vents to trap dust before it gets inside.

I bought this aluminum laptop stand that said it's the same aluminum iPhone uses and it's a miracle cooling heatsink. Without it, iPod gets really hot while watching something while charging. With it, iPod is barely even warm. Touching the stand right now, it's very cool, a bit chilly. Definitely cooler than room temperature. I may buy another one of these for a future console instead of vertical stand.

1TB is fine

Even if you go over, you can always uninstall/reinstall games. It's not like you're going to be playing 20 games simultaneously.

I've had my regular PS4 since launch. I just just dust using the swiffer thingy.

i have a 2tb on my pro and I only have less than 10-12 games on it, games are huge, I havent tried using the external HD option but I have a firend who does this and doesnt seem to be a problem.

I havent cleaned my PRO since when I got it about 2 yrs ago, I dont like to open it because I'm afraid I might break it.

1TB is fine

Even if you go over, you can always uninstall/reinstall games. It's not like you're going to be playing 20 games simultaneously.

I've had my regular PS4 since launch. I just just dust using the swiffer thingy.
From what I've read, these games take a long time to download and install and they can suddenly be made no longer available due to license issues.

i have a 2tb on my pro and I only have less than 10-12 games on it, games are huge, I havent tried using the external HD option but I have a firend who does this and doesnt seem to be a problem.

I havent cleaned my PRO since when I got it about 2 yrs ago, I dont like to open it because I'm afraid I might break it.
Word. Easy to forget which screw was for which hole. I replaced my PS3 laser rack and when putting it back together, I screwed something where it looked like a screw hole and it pinned something shut that was supposed to move around.

1TB is fine

This. With even a passive eye on active installs, there's room with 1TB for an if-the-mood-strikes oldie as well as a next-up or two. Reckon I can carousel amongst 9+ titles right now and am actively playing but 2. Josh speaks truly when he says it depends on what games – fair, so whatnot anecdotal is all I can offer up. Your library is always there to pull from or back-burner/archive to and if you're actively playing some 10 titles, power to you but I think you've bigger worries than size of HDD. :p With the Pro, GSM done right either way.

G0eHJAP.gif

@GearSolidMetal

I bought a 5tb hard drive for $100 and it works great. I got really sick of uninstalling and reinstalling games. Gran Turismo and COD alone filled up my regular hd. I think it was the smallest one though.

You should check out "A plague tale", i just finished it, I have got all trophies for it now. Great game.. 9/10, I think you would enjoy it. Its a great story and you really feel so much for the characters.

Im surprised how much IM enjoying Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Spider Man was awesome too, if youre into the Arkham style games.

I’ve owned a ps4 pro since launch and I can tell you right now the graphics are barely noticeable upgrade over a regular PS4.I’ve barely noticed improved performance either . Games like god of war and rdr2 , Spider-Man all play and look the same to me.

Actually what wowed me was my buddies Xbox x s or whatever.

Enjoy the console though it’s epic.
!

I’ve had a base PS4 since 2015. In 2017 I swapped out its 500gb harddrive and put in a 2tb. It’s served me well.

From what I've read, these games take a long time to download and install and they can suddenly be made no longer available due to license issues.
Just for buying. If you bought, it's yours and you can download it anytime you want.

You're right about the download, they're huge as fuck.

I’ve owned a ps4 pro since launch and I can tell you right now the graphics are barely noticeable upgrade over a regular PS4.I’ve barely noticed improved performance either . Games like god of war and rdr2 , Spider-Man all play and look the same to me.

Actually what wowed me was my buddies Xbox x s or whatever.

Enjoy the console though it’s epic.
!
Should get your eyes looked at if you can’t tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS.

Is 1TB going to be enough to download updates/patches for 20+ games I plan on playing?

hahahahaha. no. not even remotely close. that said, you can just uninstall/download them at will. of course, your bandwidth/tolerance/schedule will determine if this is fine or not.

Saw Witcher 3 is on sale on PSN for $15, how does it play on Ps4 Pro as compared to PC? If its all on a harddrive does it load faster compared to having the disc inserted?

i don't think the ps4 plays anything off a disc, i think everything installs to hdd... even if you have the disc.

it's generally slower than pc. even if you install a ssd, iirc, they don't really work well with the ps4 and their read/write speeds aren't really utilized.

Is the PS4 Pro build-quality better than the Ps3 & XBox360? I ask because I went through three XBox360s and two Ps3s, and now have figured out its because of their build quality and the fact I never cleaned them.

probably a little bit. the controllers are more durable and don't have the problem with the ribbon spazzing out. the plain ps4 seems a bit better than the previous, but i also cleaned the dust out once in a while. i barely used the ps4, though, anyway. as i'm sure you've heard.

Back