Just to remind people, Ronda's father committed suicide

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by effervesciata, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Head Clean Off

Head Clean Off Blue Belt Double Yellow Card

they shouldn't let her rematch holly then

2. -Dim-

-Dim- Gold Belt

Maybe not, but environment can be a big factor in anything.

Being the child of an alcoholic will likely make you either totally abhore alcohol having seen the damage its done, or lead you to joining them in the pub and ending up an alcoholic yourself.

3. Rex Kwon Do

Rex Kwon Do ál-ḥámdúlílláh

Yeah, because people that are depressed to the point that they're seriously considering suicide are really thinking this clearly.

Bunch of psychology noobs ITT

Strawman. He never said anything about a guarantee, only that having a parent that killed themselves increases the risk of suicide and thus people should take that into account when accusing her of lying. The chances she's telling the truth are greater than if she didn't have a family history of suicide.

4. Toxxus

Toxxus The Ancient One

Alternately, you can grow up more or less normal. I had an alcoholic parent and neither abstain from alcohol nor suffer from alcoholism.

Society is quick to latch on all the abused kids that become child abusers and glosses over the large number of kids abused who never repeat the abhorrent behavior.

I just like to give people the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming the worst.

5. TheNinja

TheNinja Gold Belt

I "liked" this but had to quote it too. Ronda is just really really smart with the media. I don't believe half the $hit she says but she knows how to work the public and make money. This whole "poor me" card is just her playing the pathetic game and poeple eat it up left and right.
    I personally cannot stand Ronda. I hope she gets beat up for 3 rounds and then armbarred.

helltoupee likes this.
  6. MVP89

MVP89 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Just to play devil's advocate here:
    But couldn't the fact you're in the spotlight, people are hyping you up, you're going through competition easily. And then all of a sudden you've just lost devastatingly in front of millions, everyone's celebrating your downfall, as a competitive person always seeking reassurance from you guardian figure, and therefore probably others. They're not holding back in the criticisms. In my eyes that could be a pretty big trigger for wanting to escape and end it all, and get away from all these sensations.

I'm no Ronda fan, but it's obvious she's mentally actually quite delicate putting on a macho front.

Rob_M. likes this.