Just to remind people, Ronda's father committed suicide

So unless you understand depression and hereditary mental illness, don't doubt her comments. I hope she gets help. The most trivial things can be triggers for suicidal thoughts, let alone half the world revelling in your misfortunes and taking the opportunity to make clear how much they hate you.
1431686185_yicai7_6fad4.gif

So unless you understand depression and hereditary mental illness, don't doubt her comments. I hope she gets help. The most trivial things can be triggers for suicidal thoughts, let alone half the world revelling in your misfortunes and taking the opportunity to make clear how much they hate you.

Sorry, but f** this.
WHere was her sensitivity when Miesha extended her hands to Ronda after the fight?
Or when Bethe was still recovering from her KO?
Or the many times she ridiculed Cyborg?

Sorry, she did it unto others. Why would anyone show sympathy for something she would not hesitate to laugh at you if it was reversed?

Again, you will get what you sow. In her case, this is exactly what she should have expected of the world.

And if she now wants to play the pity card, then I have the same pity for her she displayed for others.

Last edited:
the fuck? I don't you can relate lol. Thinking of actually killing yourself, I mean really thinking, putting in real though, day in, day out, you want to kill yourself. That's different from, "Oh I lost my job, I'm broke, what do I do!". (Well, that's my e.g assumption of light depression lol)

No, you're right. I can't know what she feels like, ofc I can't. I also know we think much, much different when we're depressed. She probably felt/feels 10000x worse than I have.

That doesn't mean suicide isn't silly (to put it very mildly). We have one life. We were kinda lucky we were born if you count the swimmers that were around you :D

As I've said, I can understand why person would think like that. But it doesn't make it right.

Please. Even Ronda don't understand depression, or hereditary mental illness. She's sick, and mentally underdeveloped.

I feel so fucking bad for her, cause this shit aint doing her ANY favors.
Fuck our bleeding hearts. Just leave it. Stick to your own depression, know what I'm saying?
This is stupid.

Have a nice day.

Her comments are based on the fact that she was built up to be this mythical creature who couldn't be stopped, literally that is what they said, Ronda was promoted and pumped up to be some sort of super human fighting machine and it turns out she wasn't, she wasn't anything close to that, literally the first time she got hit in the mouth she folded and she quit and now that she sits with her false world shattered around her and know that she was nothing more than a lie she can't stand it, she can't deal with it because she was nothing more than a lie and a false idol created by Zuffa.

#Hollybless
OMG this is possibly the most well written summation of the Honda bullshit. I almost want to suck you off...almost.

No, you're right. I can't know what she feels like, ofc I can't. I also know we think much, much different when we're depressed. She probably felt/feels 10000x worse than I have.

That doesn't mean suicide isn't silly (to put it very mildly). We have one life. We were kinda lucky we were born if you count the swimmers that were around you :D

As I've said, I can understand why person would think like that. But it doesn't make it right.
Oh I agree entirely with how you feel about people who commit suicide, I have no compassion for them either, it's a very selfish act (general terms), to remove yourself from something as irreplacable and unique as ones life.

Most people who talk about suicide, or even attempt and fail, are pleading for attention. Anyone who really wants kill themself will do so, at least usually.

Having a few fleeting thoughts of "this sucks, I should kill myself" is absolutely normal when people are down. I don't believe in any shape or form that Ronda was actually serious about killing herself. If you are that depressed, you are not going on Ellen, hitting the gym, shopping, and making movies. You are literrally so far down a hole that just brushing your teeth is a chore. You either do it, or you seek help.

Rousey is a pathetic attention whore now attempting to sell the "woe is me, I'm a vulnerable little girl now who everyone needs to feel sorry for" narrative. If she was working 10 hours a day in a field picking grapes, trying to raise 3 kids, and care for an elderly family member with cancer, on that income, then I'd feel sorry for her.

GTF outta here with this self-entitled multi-millionaire whining.

Exactly, so she understands the effect a careless comment like this would have on her family. Imagine the painful memories, horrible thoughts and feelings this has dredged up for them. She was perfectly healthy, still extremely successful and wealthy and still had a lot of people who cared about her, the fact she thinks its acceptable to even suggest she thought about it is selfish, thoughtless and an obvious attempt to play the victim.

She should be ashamed of herself.

As someone who has needed some help for that kinda thing, I can tell you that for the most part people who seriously suffer from it don't go talking about it to people who they aren't extremely close with, especially on a talk show.

I cheered and laughed along with everyone else. But when all is said and done she's a human being. She was built up and sold by the Zuffa machine as well as her agents. The fall from the top is loooong and hard. We so often forget the human side of this sport we love.

There's no guarantee she's inherited the problems.

Just like being the child of an alcoholic doesn't automatically make you one.

There's no guarantee that its not either... Who said there's a guarantee... But its been proven that kids who have had parents with depression and suicidal tendencies also had those.

Not to mention the fact that any child who had their parent commit suicide is going to be somewhat emotionally damaged just off of that.

The only issue I have with what you're saying is the reference to hereditary mental illness. Ronda's father did not have a hereditary mental illness. He suffered a crippling spinal injury that left him increasingly immobile. Doctors gave him, I think, something like 4 years to live at the time of his initial injury. His suicide was more in line with people who commit suicide due to a terminal illness, as opposed to people with potentially hereditary mental health problems.

But suicide and mental health is no joke. And even if Ronda's comments flag as potentially attention seeking, I'm with you in that I always give someone the benefit of the doubt when they express feelings like she has. You have to.

Sorry, but f** this.
WHere was her sensitivity when Miesha extended her hands to Ronda after the fight?
Or when Bethe was still recovering from her KO?
Or the many times she ridiculed Cyborg?

Sorry, she did it a others. Why would anyone show sympathy for something she would not hesitate to laugh at you if it was reversed?

Again, you will get what you sow. In her case, this is exactly what she should have expected of the world.

And if she now wants to play the pity card, then I have the same pity for her she displayed others.

There is being aggressive and mean to competitors you just fought or are going to be fighting, and then there's making fun of some woman you have never even met for being KO'd and then contemplating suicide.

There is being aggressive and mean to competitors you just fought or are going to be fighting, and then there's making fun of some woman you have never even met for being KO'd and then contemplating suicide.
I guess the story of the Hound sort of was a fucked up guy with a ton of pathos and personal sins becoming a white knight. Redemption and standing up for people. I can see it.

dude, first of all, she is the one bringing this up to strangers.
Second, she is trying to incite pity. And I am all out of pity for people I don't think deserve it.

Besides, let us stop here.
We see enough of her to know how terribly she behaved.
That showed her character, and quite frankly, the world can live without it.

Again, not saying I wish her bad, but I would not lose any sleep over it.
She made her bed. Might as well sleep in it.

Human Beings: The New Minority Group

Back