Just to remind people, Ronda's father committed suicide

effervesciata

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So unless you understand depression and hereditary mental illness, don't doubt her comments. I hope she gets help. The most trivial things can be triggers for suicidal thoughts, let alone half the world revelling in your misfortunes and taking the opportunity to make clear how much they hate you.

There's no guarantee she's inherited the problems.

Just like being the child of an alcoholic doesn't automatically make you one.

And maybe it wouldn't be entirely implausible if she did. The two most screwed up people I've ever met both had a parent commit suicide when they were children.

Her comments are based on the fact that she was built up to be this mythical creature who couldn't be stopped, literally that is what they said, Ronda was promoted and pumped up to be some sort of super human fighting machine and it turns out she wasn't, she wasn't anything close to that, literally the first time she got hit in the mouth she folded and she quit and now that she sits with her false world shattered around her and know that she was nothing more than a lie she can't stand it, she can't deal with it because she was nothing more than a lie and a false idol created by Zuffa.

#Hollybless

She is acting like a victim or some shit...She got her ass beat by a far superior fighter, end of story...

I can understand someone being depressed. I was in a light depression at one point of my life.

Having said that, I have zero compassion for suiciders.
Sure, it's your choice, go right ahead, I don't mind. But suicide is illogical and just plain stupid.

Why I wrote this? Lol, no idea, I should be doing something better with my time XD

I hope she gets help too, but if this is how she reacts to losing fights, then she just needs to walk away from the sport.

It's just a fight, just a loss. Oh no, my reputation...my fame...

So what ? U wanna give her a hug because the shit that she was talking ?

And what

-

Has nothing to do with us or anything

Move on

Ronda is the only UFC fighter who gets made fun of after a loss......

Ok so I really don't wanna watch that shit again but did she say she was talking about it for the first time on national TV? I don't know if I heard it right but I understood as if not even family and her BF knew about it.

Agreed. She needs serious counseling and evaluation. The commission should deny her application until a certified mental health professional can clear her.

The one guarantee we have is that anonymous people on the Internet never give her the benefit of the doubt and these anonymous people probably have more insight into the situation than anyone else

Alcohol syndrome

Needs to talk to a therapist IMO, someone that can put her head right. She needs to be taught that Ronda Rousey, 'champion fighter' is not WHO she is, but just WHAT she does...that it's an aspect of her life and not her whole life. This happens far too often to athletes who get sucked into that hype and glitz...they forget what's really important in life. The fans, UFC, the belt....not all that important in the grand scheme of things. She is set for life financially and can live the sort of life most can only dream about, even if she never steps in the octagon again. Ronda needs a professional to help her see that if she hasn't realized it on her own yet.

I can understand someone being depressed. I was in a light depression at one point of my life.

Having said that, I have zero compassion for suiciders.
Sure, it's your choice, go right ahead, I don't mind. But suicide is illogical and just plain stupid.

Why I wrote this? Lol, no idea, I should be doing something better with my time XD
the fuck? I don't think you can relate lol. Thinking of actually killing yourself, I mean really thinking, putting in real thought, day in, day out, you want to kill yourself. That's different from, "Oh I lost my job, I'm broke, what do I do!". (Well, that's my e.g assumption of light depression lol)

Yes, her dad killed himself and put her and her entire family into turmoil and infinite sadness for many years and the effects are still felt to this day.

AND NOW! she wants to do it to them! "take that family, i sorta kinda love"!

You sure?

drunk1_8820.jpg

Back